Halloween Spaghetti from The 36th Avenue | Graveyard Taco Dip from Chickabug | Scary Skillet Shepherd's Pie from Kraft Philadelphia | Chicken Potpie with Crawling Hands from Delish
What will you be cooking up in your cauldron on Halloween night? I think this ghostly shepherd’s pie will be on the menu at our house (along with a pound of candy, of course)
1. Favorite Reversible Printed Jacket from Gap | 2. Lion Nightlight from Jonathan Adler | 3. Helen Dardik Nesting Dolls from Leo & Bella | 4. jChew Chocolate Bar Silicone Teether via Amazon | 5. Ko-Ko-Ko Knitted Cloud Pillow from Jelanieé | 6. Lion Booties from UncommonGoods | 7. Oooo Baby Baby Framed Print from Jasmine Nora Jones | 8. Twisted Pretzels Bubble Leggings from Kira
A couple of our expectant friends and family members are choosing not to know the baby’s gender and are gearing up for a big surprise at the end of the road instead! I would almost certainly keel over in anticipation, so I must applaud their superhuman willpower :-) It’s been refreshing not to have to navigate through the usual sea of pinks and blues while searching for gifts, so I decided to put together a few of my favorite finds! Dear NYC friends, I’m totally buying all of your future babies those little pretzel leggings – too cute!
The first thing that popped into my head when I saw this photo my husband took of me and Toby while we were at my aunt’s house a few weeks ago was…
My buddy (my buddy), my buddy (my buddy)! Wherever I go, HE goes!
Hope you all get out there and enjoy the fall weather this weekend!
Remember when temporary tattoos became a part of my DIY arsenal? Well here it is again with a fun Halloween twist! Imagine finding a leggy cockroach or giant eyeball staring at you from the bottom of a delicious cocktail – I would probably throw my glass clear across the room in terror! This DIY is particularly fun because it uses regular old drinking glasses, so no one will suspect that they’ve been rigged with creepy crawlies! If you’re feeling extra evil, just alter one glass when you have a few friends over, fill up their glasses and see who ends up screaming their head off later into the night :-) Halloween roulette, anyone??
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Flip a clean and dry glass upside down so the flat surface is facing upwards
- Remove the tattoo’s clear protective covering, and center it face down on the bottom of the glass
- Place a wet paper towel against it and gently press down until it’s thoroughly wet. Wait 30 seconds, then carefully peel off the paper backing
- Carefully dab away any excess water around the tattoo, and leave the glass upside down until it’s COMPLETELY dry. If there’s any moisture left, your tattoo may stick to the surface when placed right side up and be ruined (sad face)
- Fill up the glasses with a dark colored drink for the best effect – red wine, or a bit of grape juice with seltzer water as I’ve done here
- Time to party!
And the best part? The effect is completely temporary! A dip in hot soapy water with a sponge will de-spookify your glasses pronto.
Innovative, whimsical, and off-the-charts cray cray are just a few words I would use to describe Kobi Levi’s shoe line. It may not be cheap to own one of these little works of art, but you’ll never have to worry about someone else showing up to an event in the same pair of flamingo pumps, that’s for sure!
Happy Friday! We’ll be trekking out to Long Island with some friends this weekend for our annual fall festival outing – can’t wait to stuff our faces with roasted corn and meander through a haunted maze! Hopefully we’ll bring home a few good victims, err I mean pumpkins, too. This week I’m loving…
- This gorgeous Good Things Take Time print from 2142 Stuart – a nice little reminder when you’re caught in a hair pulling moment.
- This awesome spooky halloween terrarium from The Paper Mama that’s crafted out of a foam pumpkin – genius!
- The hilarious “I’ve just made a huge mistake” expression on this poor cat via Pinterest. TGIF, kitty!
- Donuts! Especially when there are two of them and they’re smiling and I can drink coffee out of them, as is the case with these Mr. Wonderful donut mugs from Minimall & Co