Remember when temporary tattoos became a part of my DIY arsenal? Well here it is again with a fun Halloween twist! Imagine finding a leggy cockroach or giant eyeball staring at you from the bottom of a delicious cocktail – I would probably throw my glass clear across the room in terror! This DIY is particularly fun because it uses regular old drinking glasses, so no one will suspect that they’ve been rigged with creepy crawlies! If you’re feeling extra evil, just alter one glass when you have a few friends over, fill up their glasses and see who ends up screaming their head off later into the night :-) Halloween roulette, anyone??
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Flip a clean and dry glass upside down so the flat surface is facing upwards
- Remove the tattoo’s clear protective covering, and center it face down on the bottom of the glass
- Place a wet paper towel against it and gently press down until it’s thoroughly wet. Wait 30 seconds, then carefully peel off the paper backing
- Carefully dab away any excess water around the tattoo, and leave the glass upside down until it’s COMPLETELY dry. If there’s any moisture left, your tattoo may stick to the surface when placed right side up and be ruined (sad face)
- Fill up the glasses with a dark colored drink for the best effect – red wine, or a bit of grape juice with seltzer water as I’ve done here
- Time to party!
And the best part? The effect is completely temporary! A dip in hot soapy water with a sponge will de-spookify your glasses pronto.
Innovative, whimsical, and off-the-charts cray cray are just a few words I would use to describe Kobi Levi’s shoe line. It may not be cheap to own one of these little works of art, but you’ll never have to worry about someone else showing up to an event in the same pair of flamingo pumps, that’s for sure!
Happy Friday! We’ll be trekking out to Long Island with some friends this weekend for our annual fall festival outing – can’t wait to stuff our faces with roasted corn and meander through a haunted maze! Hopefully we’ll bring home a few good victims, err I mean pumpkins, too. This week I’m loving…
- This gorgeous Good Things Take Time print from 2142 Stuart – a nice little reminder when you’re caught in a hair pulling moment.
- This awesome spooky halloween terrarium from The Paper Mama that’s crafted out of a foam pumpkin – genius!
- The hilarious “I’ve just made a huge mistake” expression on this poor cat via Pinterest. TGIF, kitty!
- Donuts! Especially when there are two of them and they’re smiling and I can drink coffee out of them, as is the case with these Mr. Wonderful donut mugs from Minimall & Co
1. Give It a Tripod Top from ModCloth | 2. Static Felicity Tunic from ModCloth | 3. Simply Snuggly Cardigan from ModCloth | 4. Kelly & Katie Dandy Leopard Flat from DSW | 5. 'Luv' Tortoiseshell Heart Sunglasses from Nordstrom | 6. Vegan Leather Jegging from American Eagle | 7. French Connection Sportivo Crystal Clear Clutch from Zappos | 8. Serefina Cat Stud Earrings from Max & Chloe
ModCloth recently asked me to share my rendition of the perfect outfit for autumn, AKA The Best Season of the Year, so of course I jumped at the chance to do a little virtual shopping! Remember that Friends episode where Joey wore everything in Chandler’s closet all at the same time? I often felt like that while trying to recreate cool outfits I spotted on Pinterest/magazines, but with a bit of trial and error, I think I’ve finally gotten a handle on staying comfortable without looking frumpy :-) Here are my ModCloth building blocks for a polished layered look:
1) This basic black top is the perfect base layer for a fall outfit. You won’t have any added bulk from sleeves, and the faux leather collar gives it a little extra oomph.
2) Next up, this unfussy soft gray tunic – its swingy shape won’t make you feel like a stuffed sausage, always a plus in my book!
3) Top both of these pieces off with a big comfy cardigan like this one in a classic checkered pattern that immediately makes me think of fireplaces and romping through piles of leaves. An open sweater is much more accommodating when you’ve got a few layers on, plus it’s the only socially acceptable way to feel like you’re walking around wrapped in a cozy blanket all day.
There you have it! I hope you liked the outfit I put together, and be sure to check out the great selection of tops and cardigans over at ModCloth!
If this whimsical photo series by husband-and-wife duo Pierre Javelle and Akiko Ida doesn’t put a big ol’ smile on your face this Monday morning, then you should consider just heading back to bed! MINIMIAM reimagines everyday foods as surreal landscapes for teeny tiny figurines to explore and frolick within – golfers tee off with colorful sprinkles, and mountain climbers carefully navigate through the treacherous snowy peaks of merengues. Every shot is so cleverly composed, and a few have made me laugh out loud! Isn’t it amazing how a slightly different viewpoint can turn the mundane into something magical? Click here to check out some more photos from this delectable series!