1. Martha Stewart Living faux bois rug from Home Decorators Collection | 2. Gilded twig hair pins from Woodland Belle | 3. Monty the Fox from Sara Carr | 4. Funky tree rubber stamps from Green Garden Stamps | 5. Raccoon sleep mask from Le Neko Noir | 6. Big bunny ring from Digby & Iona | 7. Owl peephole cover from cocobohème via Pinterest

I grew up in suburban Connecticut, and although I love life in New York, I sometimes miss being surrounded by nature. Trees! Grass! Birds other than pigeons! There was a menagerie of woodland critters that were regulars around our house – deer often stopped by to nibble at my parents’ plants and flowers (much to their dismay). A fat groundhog would waddle to a flat rock in our backyard to sunbathe on warm days, and two chittering chipmunks made their home under a log in the garden.

My mom once bought an ice cream cake for my dad’s birthday in January. Finding no room in the fridge, she left it outside on the patio, only to have the whole thing carried off by raccoons in the middle of the night. Oops! Perhaps we should have left them some party hats as well?

17 Responses to into the wild

1. Jessica says:

Thanks so much for including my stamp set in your adorable collection. Love your blog!

2. I’m such a sucker for woodland creatures (that’s my way of saying: I love all your picks here!)

3. Heather J says:

Those twig hair pins are so pretty! That’s funny about the racoons taking off with your Dad’s cake. I probably would’ve too if I’d seen it sitting there (okay maybe not, but I might’ve thought about it. yum!).

4. domestikate says:

Ooh I love Sara Carr’s foxes! And that owl peephole cover is brilliant – major want. And if you like foxes, how about this gorgeous scarf? I’ve been longing for one for ages!

Party hats would have been the icing on the cake. I love that a fat groundhog waddled his way to sunbathe, such great imagery going on here! What a delightful post! I miss seeing critters and creatures all over. Every time we venture out of the city I get so excited! I love that raccoon sleep mask so very much!

6. Jackie | Sweet Little Thrills says:

Oh I loooove this! I posted that little fox man a few weeks ago along with a few of his buddies from the same shop. That rabbit ring is amazing!

7. Meaghan says:

Hey, I grew up in suburban CT, too! Well, actually.. I’m still here. I love these woodsy things you have found here – they are all too familiar. I currently have a very large family of wild turkeys living in the woods behind the house. Glad I found your blog, I love it, everything is so cute!

8. You always find the most fun things! That eye mask is so funny and the peephole cover is a hoot! (okay, bad pun…)
    Bisous,
    Rachel

9. Sarah says:

Adorable! I grew up in the wilds of Kentucky, so I totally understand your animal dilemmas. I’ve shooed off my fair share of foxes and opossums.

10. Christine says:

Cute!! I’m planning a ‘woodland’ themed baby shower for my sister right now so I just love these!

11. April says:

Love that fox so so much!

12. Lovely selection! I love the racoon sleep mask! Though I’ve never seen a real one (there’re not many around in Spain), they seem so cute! :)

13. I’m sure those raccoons had a fine party even without the hats. I can’t wait to move back to New York City, but I need the countryside too; there really is nothing like watching animals go about their daily business. And this collection is so cute! The fox has captured my heart.

14. Love the rabbit ring. Where do you find all these goodies? I am always endlessly impressed!

I share your desire for nature. I live in FL but lived in NC for 4 years of my life. Even though I was there so briefly, it still feels like home.

15. Hahah… wow, those raccoons! I remember every time we went camping we’d be “attack” at night… by raccoons. They tried to get into everything! These are all super cute items.

16. Katie says:

I grew up in the city and am a city girl through and through, which also kind of explains my fascination with all thing woodland-ish design-wise. I don’t do so well in real life, though! Once I went to a friend’s family home in the country and they had dogs + cats + birds + squirrels all running free and I just wanted to get out of that place! Quick moving animals totally unnerve me!

17. Mallory says:

So much cuteness! & raccoons love baked goods! Once one ran off with an entire container of cookies I’d made. I was displeased – I hadn’t even gotten to eat one yet!