"Drunk as a skunk" | "Making lemons into lemonade" | "Being a dirtbag" | "Having your head in the clouds" | "Being a black sheep" | "Bringing home the bacon"

These off-beat merit badges by Lee Meszaros brought back so many great memories of being a Girl Scout back in the day – filling up my little sash with tokens of camping trips, science experiments, arts & crafts projects, and field trips…although I don’t quite remember ever earning a badge for “Being drunk as a skunk”. Ok, so they may not exactly be legit, but the idea of earning adulthood badges is too funny to me! I’m not sure I would really want to know what horrors would be on my sash today :-)

In other scouting news, cookie pop-up shops will be appearing in NYC next week!! I have the dates and times written in bright red marker on my wall calendar. No big deal.

9 Responses to scout’s honor

These are so awesome! I wish I still had my badges, they’re so fun!

2. These are adorable: I adore the lemon. Lemons = cheerfulness to me, so consequently, I feel happy now! Yesss.

3. Jackie | Sweet Little Thrills says:

Bacon! I want the one with bacon. Oh my… great memories of Girl Scouts, you’re right. Darn, now I want more Girl Scout cookies.

4. Christine says:

mmmm, girl scout coookies! Now I’m hungry!

These are SO adorable!

6. Jennifer @ Darling Notes says:

How fun! Brings back GS memories for me as well :) I’ve awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award on my blog today! I love your blog, and wanted to show it!

7. Katie says:

These are wicked! I have fond memories of being a Girl Scout, too. My mother was one so I totally joined just to “follow in her foot steps”!

8. Mmmm just got some thin mints! They’re so addictive!

9. These badges are brilliant! What an amazing find — I kinda want to buy a bunch and give them out to friends.

And cookie pop-up shops in NYC? I wish I were there already. I want a full report on the deliciousness.