1. Outer space print from Dante Terzigni | 2. Flying silver saucer bowl from UncommonGoods | 3. Constellation reusable bag from Baggu | 4. Gold star stud earrings from Ross-Simmons | 5. Silver moon clock from CyberMoon | 6. Monsternaut from Monster Factory | 7. Rocketship popsicle molds from Wrapables

Did you guys catch the Supermoon on Saturday? City lights or overcast clouds usually thwart my plans of seeing anything cool in the night sky, but not this time! We happened to be walking home from a friend’s house just as the moon was hovering above the skyline – oh my goodness, it was absolutely humongous! So large and magnificent, in fact, that I couldn’t help but think it was an elaborate Hollywood backdrop à la The Truman Show.

The vast beauty and mysteriousness of outer space has always fascinated me ever since I was a kid. My bedroom ceiling was a mess of glow in the dark moons and stars, and I spent hours playing with my parents’ telescope, in search of constellations and planets and little green men :-) Needless to say, my inner science nerd is so happy to have witnessed this brief moment of lunar loveliness this weekend.

16 Responses to space cadet

1. allyn says:

what a great themed round up! i adore the print + star earrings. i may need those. maybe get the little girl a matching pair. just adorable. i couldn’t see the moon because of the terrible weather but checked out photos onine. seemed like such a beauty!

2. Sadly, my Supermoon was hidden behind some clouds, especially since I’m a huge astronomy nerd (I took two astrophysics classes in college and even did an internship in the area). That print I need to add to my collection.

I love this post..how fun and creative. I was too lazy to get off my rump and check it out. Now I regret it!

4. unfortunately, i didn’t get to see the supermoon, but i definitely had a whole ceiling of multi-colored glow in the dark stars when i was a kid! cute roundup :)!

I was so disappointed-we could catch a glimpse of it! Glad to hear it was as magnificent as I’d hoped!

6. Sarah says:

Love this round up! That clock is so cool.

7. Justine @ Urban Scarlet says:

hehe, i loved how you tied in these space items with your post! i actually took a peek at the moon this weekend but unfortunately couldn’t tell a major difference from any other nights. but then again, it was cloudy/hazy where i was at, too :(

8. The supermoon was amazing! I admired it from my front porch when it finally rose in the sky on Saturday evening. Also, loving those earrings. The perfectionist kid in me always wants another “gold star!”

9. something_creative says:

Boo it was cloudy here! I was very excited to see it. Can you really tell time on a clock without numbers? I’m not sure I believe that. I love that reusable bag.

10. gena says:

I missed the supermoon. So bummed about it too. We had a perfectly clear day too:(

11. Gloria says:

@heather j: camping under a supermoon sounds so amazing – what great timing!

@LW: i tried, but my photos didn’t come out very well. time to sign up for photography lessons

12. alli/hooray says:

this post is so cute. I still have glow in the dark stars on the ceiling of my room at my parents’ house : )

13. Ugh, can you believe it? I missed the moon!! Glad to hear all the hype was true. I may have missed the moon but this morning I saw the most spectacular sunrise. It looked like a sun you might see rising in the African plain. Wow! Love mother nature.

14. LW says:

This is a very nice collection. Did you happen to take any photos of the moon that night? Wish I’d seen it!

15. I wish I’d been able to see it. I think it was only in America, but it did seem extra bright that night here in Switzerland.

Such a cute assortment you’ve got here!

16. heather j says:

Wasn’t it amazing? I can only imagine how it looked against a city skyline. We happened to be camping and it made the experience somewhat magical.