via Pinterest here and here

During a stressful day at work yesterday, I glanced out the window overlooking the gray and gloomy Manhattan skyline. At that moment, a bunch of colorful balloons floated up past our floor and up into the sky – seemingly out of nowhere. It put a little pep in my step for the remainder of the day.

21 Responses to a sign

1. I love when life sends you little signs like that. Hold onto them tightly.

2. something_creative says:

Sometimes do you see a plastic bag and it’s so beautiful you can hardly stand it?

What a perfect moment!

4. Gloria says:

@Melanie and Val: haha i hope not, but if so – sorry, kiddo! i needed it more than you!

@Johanna: seriously! all my friends are going nuts at work this week too. it’s time to win the lotto

5. Melanie says:

Did you look down to see a crying kid who lost all his balloons? Just kidding, that’s awesome.

6. How random that those balloons just flew by… very fitting title. : ) I always wondered how they got those balloons to be so HUGE!

7. These photos are so fun and gorgeous! I just found your blog, its lovely!

8. Aww what a cool pick-me-up during a long day!
    Bisous,
    Rachel

9. Jessica says:

You have no idea how much I adore these pictures. Funny thing, I’m currently experiencing some gloomy skies here in LA too.

10. jennifer says:

that’s kind of awesome. i want balloons floating by my window too? :) happy hump-day! xo

11. Christine says:

ugh, I love this! This brightened my day just hearing about it :)

That is definitely a sign. What is with work lately…is it a full moon?

13. sounds like a great pick-me-up! these are also such cute balloon shots – i love the muted pastel colors!

14. allyn says:

we should all celebrate life’s good surprises + see them as tokens of good things to come.

15. Love this! So glad you happened to see those balloons. Love rare moments like that in life.

16. Ah, that’s just magical. Have you seen the movie UP! That concept with the balloons makes me want to squeal with delight.

17. Belly B says:

That is definitely a sign. Nothing says “Chin up” more than a bunch of colorful balloons.

Belly B

18. oh my goodness, I think that would brighten my day in an instant! How fun! And I’ve always loved these pictures – they’re so dreamy, so pretty, and always reminds me how fun simple things can be:)

19. val says:

hopefully there wasn’t a sad child walking around with no balloons anymore ;)

20. Zoya says:

What a great aftrenoon pickup :)