Entomo black latte set from The New English | Dominic Jones beetle ring from NET-A-PORTER | Asparagus beetle trivet from Anthropologie | Blue floral bug from Sea Pinks

I’m absolutely terrified of 99% of bugs. I know there are all kinds of benefits to having them around, but couldn’t they evolve to look a little less horrifying? Take some cues from baby koalas, insects. THESE lightning fast terrors are the absolute worst, but a spider can clear me out of a room in under 5 seconds as well. In fact, I’m surprised I was able to put this post together without running screaming from the computer.

13 Responses to creepy crawlies

1. These are cute, but I think I’d still be a bit bothered by them. My cats on the other hand…

2. allyn says:

i love bugs. sounds crazy, right? but i do. and that ring? must have. checking it out now. you really have had some lovely “wants” on your posts! yay! happy wednesday.

I feel you. I’m getting the heebie jeebies just looking at it all! I’m so terribly afraid of spiders and most bugs too. I thought I could outgrow it, but nuh uh.

4. Pilar says:

I can deal with most bugs, except roaches…they freak me out and have me screaming like a little girl. I do love that ring, a fun piece to brighten up an outfit. Hope you’re having a lovely week. xoxo

5. kimbirdy says:

eek! a bug! luckily i have a little huntress cat to prevent me from ever seeing the bugs who enter our home. i love that trivet though – so cute! and speaking of cute, you’re blog is the cutest ever!! i’m so happy i found it. :)

6. Jackie | Sweet Little Thrills says:

That teacup is screaming my name! Terrified of bugs, also, but loving this cuteness!

7. Alena says:

Haha. Bugs don’t scare me, but mice on the other hand…AHHH.

I’m such a wuss when it comes to bugs, too-the very worst!

9. alli/hooray says:

just the title of your post made me look with caution – even fake spiders creep me out (so pathetic, I know!). that beetle trivet is really cute though : )

10. I’m not a bug girl either, but I think they do look a little less scary in tea-cup form :)

11. Mallory says:

I’d rather be chased by an enormous BEAR (as long as I’d be sure to escape) than wake up to find five large spiders crawling on me. The worst thing is, spiders seem to follow me. It’s like they know I’m afraid of them, so they lurk around just to spite me. Gahhh. Bugs are the worst. But attractive goods featuring bugs are pretty wonderful.

12. Belly B says:

I love the beetle ring!!! So pretty :)

Belly B

13. Little gray pixel says:

I hear you. I have horror stories I could tell you about rolypoly bugs.