Sir Randolf 'egg cup' from shop modi | Mog egg cup from Donna Wilson | Itsy bitsy charcoal dot egg cup from Mulberry Hall | Owl egg cup from From The Wilde

I’ve never owned an egg cup before in my life, but I love the idea of them. They’re so dainty that I imagine I would eat with my pinky in the air. In reality though, I scarf down hard boiled eggs with my hands like a barbarian. To each his own!

13 Responses to humpty dumpty

1. allyn says:

i just started eating out of egg cups! these are adorable.

2. Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} says:

(Oops, and by “that egg cup” I mean the polka dotted one.)

3. Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} says:

I love that egg cup. I’ve never owned one and doubt its practicality, but that makes me want one in my cupboard right this instant.

4. Melanie says:

Love the polka dots! Time to get a magic marker out.

5. val says:

i love the Lisa Stickley one. She is one of my favorite designers!

I’m right there with you-egg cups are the height of cute, but I don’t know if I’d have the patience!

7. Gloria says:

@alli & domestikate: Thanks for enlightening me! I’ve never had a soft boiled egg, although I do LOVE poached eggs, so it sounds right up my alley. And then I could justify buying one of these funny egg cups :-)

8. domestikate says:

Surely everyone scarfs hard boiled eggs! But you need an egg cup for a scrummily soft boiled egg (boil for 3 mins, the white should be cooked and the yolk runny, and you cut off the top and dip fingers of toast in it. Yum!) Love the spotty one!

9. alli/hooray says:

I never thought they were necessary either (but still cute!) until last year when we were served soft boiled eggs in egg cups – you crack the top off + spoon the soft egg out of the shell resting in the cup – so good!

10. lizzie says:

those are sooo cute! who would’ve guessed i could miss something so adorable!

11. Belly B says:

Hahah Me too! I love egg cups but don’t really have an actual need for them. Those are adorable! :)

Belly B

12. I used to have a cute set of egg cups with funny dressed animals drawn on. I’ve never seen any like these before, that last one is really impressive! For some reason, though, it seems that egg cups are just as fragile as what goes in them.

13. Pistachio says:

Oh, these are so cute! Soft boiled eggs with toast are so good. If you get an egg cup you will enjoy it. It can be a nice easy Sunday morning breakfast.