I’m totally smitten with this “How to set a table” print by Cake with Giants! The watercolor and pencil illustration has such a charming quality to it, and who can really remember where the dessert wine glass should go on the table anyway? One of my life goals is to throw a formal (but fun!) dinner party – hellooo, perfect cheat sheet.

20 Responses to miss manners

1. allyn says:

this print is phenomenal. i like the idea of formality + fancy dinners. what a nice cheat sheet! great find.

2. What a lovely illustration, and your formal dinner party goal is simply fantastic!

3. Genius! I need to print this out and keep it handy! I always forget the proper way to set a table!

4. Haha, what a cute drawing! I don’t think I know anyone who knows exactly how to set a table, but I DO know quite a few people who don’t know what side of the plate the knife goes and ditto for the fork.

5. April says:

I am positively in love with this print. It would be so cute in my dining room!

6. How fun! I think I need one of these prints, pronto!

7. Rocio Rincon says:

What a brilliant idea! It’s such a lovely print! I really like it. Xoxo ♥

Rocio R.

This is adorable-I love it!

9. Eden says:

Ahhh!! I LOVE this… I have to re-blog!! It’s so perfect ;) Thanks for posting it!! xoxo

10. kimbirdy says:

eee! this is so sweet. i am a huge fan of all the illustrations like this in blogland. they’re so cute and inspiring!

11. Anya adores says:

I totally love this too – amazingly cute, and very useful, may have to get me one of these for the kitchen.
    A xx

12. this is adorable – love the idea behind it.

13. alli/hooray says:

I could use something like this! Can never remember this stuff. Plus it’s adorable.

14. Gabriella {sensiblyluxe} says:

I am so absolutely charmed! I too dream of having the perfect little dinner party (after the wedding, that china is getting put to good use!). I must have this print for my kitchen.

15. Gloria says:

haha yes, of course! you, your mom and the doggies are all invited!

16. something_creative says:

Ahh I love this! I think mainly because I can imagine it’s a miniature version of the real thing, love small things. PS my mom looooooves your blog! Can I come to your dinner party?

That really IS the perfect cheat sheet! How cute!

18. Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

I so need this!! I can’t ever remember where anything goes on the table!! I always have to google it before setting the table :)

19. I need to save this for future reference too! I’d love to do a formal dinner party with a six course meal, but my only worry is that I wouldn’t be able to enjoy it because I’d be in the kitchen prepping every dish.