1. Diamond scarf from echo | 2. Niji waterbrush from Dick Blick | 3. Paint palette pillow from CB2 | 4. Marigold's Butterfly Wing print from Beautiful Mess By Emma | 5. Mary's Chocolate via the dieline | 6. Watercolor mighty wallet from Dynomighty Design

Shhh! I’m trying to lure in some warmer spring weather by posting these soft and dreamy watercolor goodies. Think it’ll work?

On another note, I’m totally intrigued by those watercolor pens! I devotedly took art classes throughout high school, but never managed to master—or even be relatively good at—watercolors. These pens may be the key to my redemption.

23 Responses to watery wonders

1. mariaa says:

hi
    I really like your colorful blog! when ever i am so tired and like to surf internet immediately remember your site! you know, your site, your beautiful picture and your creativity surprise me !
    I think that we are at same age!i am from Iran, my name is maria.
    have a good time and colorful dreams.

2. Love the CB2 pillow! I just added that to my Pinterest yesterday! :)

3. Gah! Everything is so beautiful. Watercolor is one of my favorite elements and I love that it is all over the place right now.

4. Gloria says:

@Eva: i’ve never tried the crayon + paint combo, but it sounds FUN!

@Connie: i love YOUR watercolor picks – so lovely! also i’m glad to hear the pens are as awesome as i imagine them to be :-)

@Sarah: i look forward to seeing your watercolor masterpieces when you feel better, haha

5. Katie*Belle says:

Oh, I love all these! The colors are so pretty and I hope they do prompt spring to come! And I agree, painting with watercolors is tricky. These pens could be great!

6. Katie says:

I’ve been itching to paint with watercolors (I’m thinking maybe at a picnic?) These picks are gorgeous!

7. sarah says:

Ooooo! I just picked up my very first set of watercolors yesterday. Unfortunately I’m nursing a cold and haven’t had the energy to shower let alone attempt a new craft, but I’m really looking forward to using them. And this was just the inspiration I needed – so lovely!

8. Connie says:

Love your picks! You have such great taste. I have a thing for watercolors too: http://www.daydreamincolor.com/?p=260
    Those pens are awesome. I discovered them when I took a night drawing class a while back and you can just bring that pen filled w/ water along & use those elementary school-like watercolor palettes with the round disks of dried watercolors to watercolor on the go! My teacher said they’re good for travel sketching too because you can empty the water before you get on a plane.

9. allyn says:

might need that print. so beautiful and light. perfect for spring or…the perfect pick me up for the clouds’ return.

10. I’m definitely a watercolors fan as well. Some of my favorite art pieces (of mine, ha!) are watercolor. Did you ever try drawing something with crayons and filling it in with paint? It’s so cool! Doesn’t look anywhere close to as beautiful as that butterfly print, wow! And that pillow… really, everything you’ve posted here is great!

11. Ohh, love this post! I need to get my hands on that scarf and a set of those watercolor pens — neat, neat, neat!

12. Gloria says:

@Alli: snowed!?! definitely sending warm thoughts your way :-)

13. lizzie says:

LOVE your picks! that pillow is too cute!

14. Gorgeous watercolor finds. I love that throw pillow and those pens are seriously intriguing!

15. Erin Lian says:

Would anyone like to buy me the scarf? :P

16. These are such pretty picks! I love #3! also, the watercolor pens look intriguing to me too…I was never able to master watercolors either!

17. Tang says:

I love the look and feel of watercolour. Makes me want to take painting classes. And I have yet to see THAT mighty wallet!!

18. alli/hooray says:

so pretty. I need you to work your magic over here – it snowed this morning (ugh). but seriously, I need to check out those pens!

19. val says:

this is the prettiest post ever! It definitely made me feel warmer, anyway… and thanks for the heads up on those watercolor pens. I could most definitely use them :)

20. heather j says:

Very pretty picks! I’ve been seeing lots of watercolor around the web lately and it has me wanting to play with my daughters paint set.

I love these pics and I secretly hope your plan works. Those pens look like too much fun. Hooray for color!

22. i love watercolors…so pretty and happy. the butterfly wing print (#4) is my favorite. what talent and technique it must have taken to complete that!

23. Belly B says:

These are gorgeous! I love number 6! :)

Belly B