I can’t stop ooh-ing and aah-ing over this whimsical photoshoot by Elena Kalis, who specializes in underwater photography. She so beautifully captures the surreal world of Alice in Wonderland in these photos – that first image of Alice jumping through the looking glass is pure magic! Check out more photos in this series, along with an interview with Elena, here.

19 Responses to alice in waterland

1. holly says:

omg this is SO friggin awesome! i LOVE the cards floating, it’s SOOOO alice in wonderland! and yes, the ones of her jumping through the frame are PURE GENIUS! thanks for sharing!!!! i’m intrigued!!!

2. Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

These are amazing!! I loved reading the article about her too.

3. lizzie says:

AMAZING photoshoot! i always love alice in wonderland!

4. love this. I would love to do an underwater shoot one day, it looks like so much fun!

5. Jackie | Sweet Little Thrills says:

What awesome pictures! Underwater photography is DREAMY.

6. Erin Lian says:

Oh my goodness those photos are just better than the whole Alice film they brought out!! The style of images so perfect for Alice too :) Coooooool

7. Wow, how neat! I’ve never seen anything like this — too cool!

8. Victoria says:

These shots are absolutely amazing, what a talented photographer!

What incredible photos! You’re right-that first photo is heart stopping!

These are so fun! I love the colors – so vivid.

11. Wow, how do people pose so well underwater. I’ve tried many a time and always look like I’m drowning…there’s nothing pretty about it.

12. These photos are so dreamy. Alice in Wonderland was my favorite movie growing up, and these make that whole world feel real!

13. I love these photos! The colours are incredible… love the one with the flamingo!

14. I can’t believe these are real! Wouldn’t you love to see the pictures that didn’t make the series? Heehee. The socks are just perfect and you’re right, the one where she’s jumping through the looking glass is unbelievable!

15. These photos are so much fun. I’ve always had a special place in my heart for Alice in Wonderland.

16. Amazing shoot and concept! I LOVE underwater photography and music videos. That photos of her standing on what appears to be a mirror is swoon worthy!

17. I’m a sucker for anything with an Alice in Wonderland theme. Love the first photo…it’s just so amazing and cool!

18. I’m always so amazed by underwater photography! This is especially a fantastic one! Love that first photo, too.. and the flamingo and.. yeah, love them all. :P

19. these images are mesmerizing! alice’s long striped socks are so perfect for these shots!