1. Peacock feather linen pillow from Giardino | 2. Blue green teardrop earring from amáli | 3. Peacock Rug from Shop Ten 25 | 4. Red Ruby Rose peacock clutch from notonthehighstreet | 5. The Essentials Package hair ties from Mane Message | 6. House of Harlow 1960 peacock bracelet from Boutique To You

Did you hear about the naughty peacock that ran away from the Bronx Zoo this week? The cobra that escaped a month ago seems to have been a bad influence on all the animals! It was captured yesterday while taking advantage of the sunny weather with a leisurely stroll through the streets. I’m glad it’s safe and sound, but I’m kind of bummed the bird isn’t off gallivanting around New York City. It would’ve been too funny to see a radiant plume of technicolor feathers peeking out from behind a hot dog cart or to see it casually perched atop a taxi cab, hitching a ride to meet its friends at a hip downtown bar :-)

27 Responses to mrs. peacock

1. Gloria,
    Thank you so much for including Shop Ten 25’s peacock rug! Love your blog, your a doll.
    Abbe Fenimore
    Studio Ten 25
    Shop Ten 25

2. Hey Gloria,
    Thanks so much for finding my blog! You have an amazing thing going on over here. I think this would fall under the “bodacious” category :) Love the earrings and clutch!
    xoxo
    -linh

3. domestikate says:

That clutch is divine!

4. Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

OHHH I love peacock anything!! Those earrings and bracelet are amazing.

5. I love the deep blue and turquoise in this color pallet! And am glad to hear the Peacock is safe & sound!

6. Pilar says:

peacock accents are totally glamorous, I really love the earrings you picked. Hope you had a lovely weekend, lady!

7. Tang says:

Definitely loving this collection of peacock-like things! I want it all!

8. Ashleigh says:

Oh how lovely are those earrings!!
    Seeing a peacock roaming about NYC would be fabulous!!

9. ok, that Peacock rug has rid me of my Chevron rug hunt…now I must have that one. If I wasn’t such a slob of a cook I’d put it in our kitchen:)

10. Jackie | Sweet Little Thrills says:

Eeee! I love peacock feathers, the colors in them and their general shape/design. I had such a funny vision of a peacock strolling in NYC, maybe grabbing a pretzel, that I laughed out loud a little.

I LOVE that purse, the rug, the earrings, oh wait – all of it.

11. Jacqueline says:

Such apropo items for that runaway peacock! (I almost wish it was gone long enough to become a meme and get its own twitter account, but it still ended well. :))

Love, love, love that rug! Anything peacock actually!

13. Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* says:

That clutch is goooooorgeous! I remember lots of free range peacocks at Zoo Atlanta when I was a kid. Their “call” sounds like a woman screaming; kind of disturbing sometimes! But beautiful birds. :)

How I’d love to see a peacock stroll down 5th Avenue!

15. Angel @ | 77inspire | says:

i usually dont like peacock but these are all great picks! i think i like the pillow the best…

16. Gloria says:

@Lauren: Those bags are gorg – I especially love the Golden Plume one!

@thestripedelephant: Yes!! I LOVE these ridiculous Twitter accounts – so funny!

@Val & Jessica: Beautiful peacocks roaming around the neighborhood must be so fun to see (with earplugs in) – I’m jealous!

17. Love the peacock aesthetic. I have a peacock one piece from Liberty of London with Target I picked up last season. I hope it doesn’t try to runaway.

18. Jessica says:

There is a rogue peacock that roams the area of my neighborhood. I’ve seen it out and about minding his own business. I do think that the peacock belongs someone because I don’t see it very often and it doesn’t look malnourished. Pretty cool though.

19. val says:

when i was a kid, one of our neighbors had a collection of peacocks that just sort of roamed free on their property. They were so pretty, but they made the most dreadful noises! this is such a creative collection, by the way.

20. love these! i’ve been looking for a subtle way to work peacock into my summer wardrobe – the earrings and clutch are especially cute!

21. Love the peacock prints! Have you read the snake’s and peacock’s twitters? Hilarious!

22. I did hear about that. And what a lovely collection you’ve put together in tribute. The earrings and bracelet I’d snatch up in an instant.

23. Oh, and I forgot to mention, the company BeeGee bags that I stumbled upon has an amazing collection of clutches – most importantly, some beautiful peacock ones. Here are a few of my faves, in case you’re interested!

24. I LOVE peacock stuff. What a great collection of things!

25. Love peacock colors. So rich and vibrant!

But seriously, what’s up with the Bronx zoo lately? They just can’t hold on to their animals, for some reason.

26. i love that that peacock and had a day on the town!! that is awesome!! i love all those products, i think peacock feathers are so pretty – i have feather earrings :)

27. Erin Lian says:

I’m glad the peacock did not get caught and made into accessories though. I love peacock feather print!! Would tots have all these things ;)