Mexcellent t-shirt from I Sell T-Shirts | I Love Taco magnet from Zazzle | Taco Yummy Pocket from Neato Shop

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Especially to my dear friend Jill, for whom this day is pretty much like Christmas, 4th of July, and New Years all rolled into one. She bought this hilarious taco suit for Halloween (her love for Mexican food is unparalleled), and has managed to find no less than 10 other occasions to wear it. It’s always a hit wherever we go, and I’m forever amazed at the number of jaded New Yorkers completely unfazed by a giant walking taco – gotta love this city.

21 Responses to taco thursdays

1. That girl is a really really good friend to have

2. Haha! That is one fabulous costume!

3. KSK says:

HAHAHAHA! I love the Taco suit! Hilarious! :)

Stopping by from the blog crawl!

Oh my goodness, a taco suit! Of course you have the coolest friends!

5. rachel says:

haha! I LOVE that suit. It’s awesome.

6. jillian says:

AHHHHMAZING! i love the costume! and i love me some cinco de mayo! SO happy you linked up! xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

7. kimbirdy says:

that is an awesome taco suit! san francisco is totally the same way – a person dressed as a taco? just another thursday. love it.

8. Angel @ | 77inspire | says:

Ahhh the taco costume is awesome! Happy cinco de mayo from china :)

That taco suit is the best!!

10. Ahhh! I love it!!! That taco costume is awesome. Why am I not surprised that your friends seem just as fun as you do? What part of NY do you live in? Jon and I are flying out there this July to visit a good friend who is graduating from NYU. It’d be fun to meet up!

11. domestikate says:

Ha ha, that is brilliant! Yay for Jill!

12. Gloria says:

@Jenna: Aww thank you! So happy to have found your blog as well :-)

13. happy cinco de mayo! that taco suit is hilarious and the fact that your friend has somehow managed to wear it ten times is amazing!

14. That taco suit is Awesome! If only I had one of those for my Cinco de Mayo party!

15. that taco shirt is HILARIOUS!!! I’m glad you explained it because I was so curious!

16. Mmmm, tacos. Can you believe that I totally forgot about cinco de mayo?! I’m utterly unprepared this year.

P.S. Love that pen case.

17. LW says:

Hahaha! I love the taco outfit and especially the Mexcellent! t-shirt. Too funny. You have a brave amiga. :) Happy Cinco de Mayo!

18. Hey Gloria, thanks so much for stopping by my lil’ ole blog. I’ve been reading yours for quite a while and I am a big Little White Whale fan, so it was super exciting to see your comment! You rock.

19. Ha! I loooove that taco suit! And you’re so right about New Yorkers. I probably wouldn’t look twice if I saw this, especially on Cinco de Mayo.

20. Erin Lian says:

Your friends dress is TOTALLY mexcellent :) Oh puns :)

21. Belly B says:

Hahha if I ever met anyone in that awesome a Taco suit, I will definitely ask for a picture ;)

Belly B