Map of Ireland paper letter from Little White Dog | City plates from notNeutral | Bespoke nine heart map from bombus | Vintage map box from D. Sharp

Whenever hubs and I go off on a car adventure, he drives and I navigate…and sing at the top of my lungs until he begs me stop. Can I just say how happy I am to be living in an age of GPS and smartphones? Due to a horrendous sense of direction, road maps are indecipherable blobs of intricate lines and squiggles to me. We would honestly be driving around the block in circles if that was my only resource. Luckily technology saves us from a very sad fate of no vacations, and maps in our house are strictly decorative!

20 Responses to you are here

1. holly says:

perfect title! =P

I LOVE MAPS! for decoration, of course! and also, so i can know what countries people are talking about… i’m so bad at geography! i plan to one day buy a globe so i can check it anytime someone mentions a country i have never heard of, or when i just want to know where syria is. yeah, i’m that bad.

2. LOVE the hearts out of map paper! So pretty – and that’d be a neat momento from all of my roadtrips!
    ~Star
    Star Hughes Living

3. Angel @ | 77inspire | says:

ugh i love this… i love anything with maps. I want to paint a world map in my future kids nursery one day

4. Oh, I’m one of those enviable people with a fantastic sense of direction. Honestly, I could probably set off on my road trip without many maps at all and end up precisely where I want to be only an hour or so late. I only wish I could have someone put the trip together for me so I could discover wonderful places along the way — one that I didn’t plan.

5. Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

Oh, how I love my GPS! I just don’t know how I survived before it. The map hearts are just adorable!

6. Deidre says:

I love those maps on things though! They’re amazing.

On my recent travels around Australia with my parents my dad relied heavily on a GPS and man, did i wish sometimes he had a map because the GPS made SEVERAL mistakes.

7. meg says:

why are you and your blog so darn cute?!!

8. kimbirdy says:

oh no! haha. i love maps, and used to collect them from all the places i visited. i now have a big stack of maps i’ll never use or look at again, and i think it’s time to do something creative with them. hmm…

also, i love that you sing at the top of your lungs as a part of your “navigator” duties. job well done! :)

9. something_creative says:

PS…I could tell that from the map, you’re impressed right?

10. something_creative says:

Since you put a map of Chicago up there…I’m just going to go ahead and assume that means you’re visiting soon. I’ll have Britney Spears and Cheetos ready for your trip!

My parents are terrible with maps and smart phones-thank goodness we’ve got a pair of future phones to get us anywhere we need to go!

12. Jessica says:

I love road trips! My husband and I have had some of our best conversations during those trips. Also, I love the heart shaped maps. What a great way to document your favorite places.

13. Road trips are meaningless with out some good convo and quality car singing and dancing! LOVE the title of this post and all your finds. Did you choose the “A” because it was from Little White DOG? What a coincidence!

14. val says:

my iPhone’s GPS has saved my marriage on a number of occasions. I refer to it as my “oracle”. My favorite of this collection is definitely the heart map. I love to travel and this is a very literal way to show that!

15. Belly B says:

I definitely have a thing for (the aesthetics) of maps. Can’t read one to save my life. These are beautiful! :)

<3 Belly B

16. There’s just something about maps that automatically makes me wish I was on the go somewhere.. traveling! Love those map hearts and that packaging!

17. I could look at maps for hours, I love love them! Especially as decoration, and am loving that nine heart design, it’s so adorable!

18. i do love maps as decoration! we went on a sailing trip once and i took the charter maps, scanned them and made them sepia then burned the edges and framed them, it was wayyy cool!!

19. Erin Lian says:

Singing in the car is my ‘job’ too :P The city plate is like an old school video game!