When I see an empty toilet paper roll, I see it as something to toss into the recycling bin. French artist Anastassia Elias, on the other hand, sees the potential for magic! To create these miniature scenes, she makes teeny paper cutouts and painstakingly glues them in place using tweezers. All the intricate layers are brought to life with just a little bit of light, and voilà – a simple idea transforms into absolutely incredible results!

15 Responses to anastassia elias

1. the details in each of these scenes is quite magical and intricate! who knew toilet rolls could be so pretty?!!

2. Wow, those are gorgeous!!! I can’t imagine how long that would take!

3. WOW! It’s amazing the types of creative things people come up with!

4. Pilar says:

peoples’ talents really amaze me, these are gorgeous!

5. these are so cute… who would’ve thought you could do this!

6. Erin Lian says:

These ARE magic :) I can’t believe toilet paper rolls could be so charming!! Best recycling I have ever seen :P

7. domestikate says:

Wow! These are phenomenal! What a clever lady!

Such a creative mind, and an unbelievable talent-those little vignettes are AMAZING!

9. Wow – I can’t believe those are toilet paper rolls! Quite impressive.

10. alli says:

This kind of stuff just AMAZES me.

I’ve never understood how this is done! I MEAN REALLY!?!?! So freaking cool!

12. WOW! I think I may have seen these somewhere before, but never gave them the look/attention they deserve. How in the world would someone even be able to make these?! Amazing! Checking out the link just as soon as I press “post comment”, ha!

13. Pink Ronnie says:

Absolutely. Amazing. What an incredible find Gloria! I just love how some people are so ridiculously creative.
    Ronnie xo

14. Wow! Wonderful! I wonder how one would display this kind of art without it looking like your house is littered with toilet rolls.

15. Rebecca says:

Oh my word! These are beautiful….it must take so long!