Dr. Bird juicer imm living | Brass bird trinket boxes from Mothology | Porcelain dove bobby pin from Revisions Design Studio | Sparrow hooks from DIGS

This skit from the bizarrely funny show Portlandia (my recent discovery!) made me dissolve into a fit of giggles. Touché, Fred Arnell, touché. It’s true that birds are a rather overused theme in design, but that doesn’t mean we should turn our back on all birdy motifs – after all, there’s nothing dull or boring about these feathered goodies!

18 Responses to put a bird on it!

1. Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

I love bird decor. I’ve limited myself to just a few things, but I see things all the time that I really want to own :)

2. Cannot tell you how utterly OBSESSED my husband is with this show and how it’s completely motivated us to take a visit there sometime. Hilarious!

3. I love the little bird scarf holders! Those are adorable!!!

4. Pilar says:

Oooh these are too sweet, I love the birdy bobby pins!

5. Ha, yes! I love birds so much regardless of the whole “overplayed” thing in the design world. I don’t really tend to follow trends anyway. And birds are so much more than that!

6. I love that you embraced the bird. There’s a reason they’re so overused and loved! That coat hanger is SO cute!

A bird juicer? I’m willing to bear the ridicule for something so darling!

8. Ana says:

LOVED THIS!

9. sherri lynn says:

I love the sparrow hooks! And what a cute little bobby pin :)

10. Rebecca says:

I agree. I especially like those brass birds :)

11. these are all so cute! the hooks are adorable!

12. my parents love this show ~ they live in portland! such lovely photos as usual. happy monday to you! ;)
    xo ~ kristina

13. Oh, that skit is the best! Well played, Portlandia.

14. kimbirdy says:

oh how i love portlandia. so funny, because it’s true. still, i love birds as a symbol, and i’m pretty sure i absolutely need that bird juicer. :)

15. Ha ha ha that clip is hilarious! Loving the birdy bobby pin though…!

16. Katie*Belle says:

Oh, I love birds! And that sweet bobby pin might be just the thing to get me through an awkward hair stage : )

17. Pink Ronnie says:

Wow, that dove bobby pin looks really lovely! And I couldn’t even tell that was a juicer…
    Ronnie xo

18. Belly B says:

Eekk! Love the sparrow hooks! :)

<3 Belly B