Photo via Animals with Glasses

I had to do a double-take when I looked at my calendar this morning – seriously, how is June half over already? So much goofing off to do and so little time! Jillian at Cornflake Dreams had the fun idea of writing up a summer bucket list, so here are 10 things I will be doing this season, by hook or by crook:

1. Picnics in the park. And if it’s too hot to trudge over to said park, then picnics on the living room floor with the A/C on
  2. Try at least five flavors at the newly opened Ample Hills ice cream shop, starting with The Elvis Impersonator
  3. Get in some beach time with our fun friends in Savannah, Georgia
  4. Ride the iconic Cyclone rollercoaster at Coney Island (so not looking forward to this one)
  5. Get our building’s rooftop patio in order so we can fire up the grill for BBQ fun
  6. Shenanigans in the wilderness! Camping, hiking, white water rafting, kayaking – anything that involves not sitting in front of a computer
  7. Cook my very first lobster dinner. Every lobster I’ve ever had was either from a restaurant or made by my mother. That ends this summer
  8. Go berry picking and make a pie from scratch with our tasty loot
  9. Finish decorating our apartment even though we moved in well over a year ago (don’t judge)
  10. Hit up as many street fairs as humanly possible – I fully embrace the chaos of cheap trinkets, screaming vendors, and fried greasy foods

35 Responses to summertime and the livin’s easy

1. Pilar says:

best.picture.ever!

2. Consider me a tag-a-long for every single one of these. Fantastic list!

3. i do a yearly bucket list and just love the format and to doish ness of it! your list looks lovely and can’t wait to hear of your adventures.

4. I love your list so much :) And how crazy is it that it’s even june?! i feel like it was just the new year! it kind of blows my mind a little. and it’s frustrating, right!?
    i hope you are well, sorry i have been scarce the past few days we have been playing tour guide with some visiting friends…then we move soon. there needs to be like 4 of me. ok i’m venting. ciao! have a good day!

5. Tang says:

Definitely all over the picnics! :) Love this bucket list idea for the summer. I might just have to make my own.

6. Berry picking is on my summer to do list also! I love your list – sounds like an amazing summer planned! And that picture is too funny – it should be on the cover of a hallmark card!
    Star Hughes Living

I want to frolic in the wilderness as much as possible this summer. And I want to go berry picking with my friends before I move away from Chi. So little time, so much to do!

8. Funny you posted that because I was just freaking-out the other night because I was feeling overwhelmed with my to-do list for the summer. I even told my husband I was going to buy one of those giant wall calendars to keep track of everything and to make sure it really gets done! Good luck with your list…sounds like you will be having tons of fun this summer!

9. alli/hooray says:

pretty certain I’d be happy to do ANY of those things this summer! minus the lobster. those I just can’t do : )

10. courtney says:

what a wonderful list! i should definitely start making mine asap! :)

11. I should have added having lots of ice cream and going to street fairs to my summer bucket list too….some of my favorite things to do over the summer!

12. Rebecca says:

Sounds like an exciting summer :) Do you not like roller coasters? I hate the idea, but always enjoy the ride. lol… Let me know when/where for those rooftops bbqs ;)

13. cara says:

LOVE your summer bucket list! Mmm berry picking! Just found your blog via Jillian’s link-up…following you now :)

PS. come check out my summer bucket list :)

I love this summer bucket list, and that ADORABLE photo. Sending it to everyone I know right….now!

15. This mini-bucket list makes me smile : ) All quintessentially summer activities, I love it. And agreed about this month flying by. What the heck!

16. Ashley says:

BAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! I want that doggie!!!
    A Cat in Gloves

17. Erin Lian says:

I would have a peppermint patty ;) And you have a rooftop patio??? Wow!

18. Holly says:

I love this post! might try thinking of my own, too!

and yes, June will make it about half a year of living in my new home and i’m not even CLOSE to being done decorating! my patio is the only thing that’s “complete” and even that could use more character (maybe, if i start feeling a bit more ambitious)!

would like to see your newly decorated patio, too!! =)

19. jillian says:

beach time, picnics and street fairs all sound pretty fantastic! great list, thanks for linking up :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

20. Maddy says:

What’s not to love about summer?! I’ve never been a fan of the heat, but the abundance of things to do is a breath of fresh air!

21. jennifer says:

omg the puppy pic is the cutest!! & love the lists. i just made my own summer to-do!

22. great summer list and that dog is just too adorable! i am with you on the picnics both indoors and outdoors – they’re a summer must!

23. lizzie says:

HA! That pug! I want to commit to camping ONCE this summer. I haven’t camped since I was single-digit-years-old and I want to give it another go.

24. Stephanie says:

I’ve only been to Savannah once, but I LOVED it and am so jealous you get to go there!

25. This is a fantastic bucket list!! Love that you’re pushing yourself to ride a roller coaster that seems to be a little fear..you can do it!! How fun to have a rooftop patio! I would adore one of those! Everything on this list sounds rewarding and fun!!

26. can I come spend the summer with you? I’ll help you with your apartment (not judging, we’re in the same boat), I’ll help you with the pie and lobster and then we can dine up on your fabulous rooftop! And then we’d eat those five flavors of ice cream all in one night because it’s summer and that’s what you do.

27. Oh, gosh.. you’re right & that freaks me out! Only 15 more days left :| How’d that happen?!

Good luck accomplishing that list, Gloria!

28. Great list! I have had the itch to throw a lobster boil bash and your list reminded me that this is the summer to do so!

29. Lauren says:

That picture is AMAZING!

30. Oh my goodness, I LOOOVE the Cyclone! It’s so much fun! I make sure to ride it at least once every summer. Yes, it’s old and creaky but it’s a REAL coaster. And I love that it dips a few times, unlike other coasters that will dip you 2 or 3 times and call it a ride. Coney Island is a wonderful place!

• Gloria says:

I’ve wanted to try it since I moved to Brooklyn, but it’s SO rickety that I’ve always chickened out once I’m staring up at it :-) Glad to hear it’s totally worth it – it makes me just a teeny bit excited to cross this off my list now!!

31. That picture is hilarious!
    I’m loving your list, I might pinch the lobster idea! And I want to do lots of outdoorsy stuff, and become a domestic goddess when it comes to baking :)

32. Donna says:

I love street fairs and cute doggies! :) happy summer!