Coming home from a nice long break is always soooo bittersweet! Does anyone else spend the first few days after vacation brainstorming for get-rich-quick schemes like I do??

Our trip to Savannah was the perfect combo of beach, touristy fun, lounging around, and lots and lots of eating – all thanks to our amazing hosts Matt & Kate (and their snuggly dog Gypsy!) who recently moved to the area. We stayed at a colorful beach house out on Tybee Island just a block away from the ocean, and now I can’t help but wonder why I’m living somewhere where I can’t make sandcastles every day. Why!

Some highlights from our trip:

• The boys singing a rousing rendition of Meatloaf’s I Would Do Anything for Love at the top of their lungs…while all crammed into the backseat of the car…which was parked in the driveway. The best part was the all-around mumbling when no one knew any of the words between choruses.
  • The discovery of my new favorite store, The Paris Market – very Anthropologie Home-esque and beautifully styled.
  • Seeing gray fins cruising around in the water at the beach, which luckily turned out to be dolphins instead of man-eating sharks. We bumped into a few more while kayaking – it’s unbelievable how close they get to the boats!
  • A fun 4th of July filled with swimming, hot dogs, fireworks, and sparklers that refused to stay lit for more than 10 seconds. We tried to spell out funny words with them for photos, but quickly resorted to drawing shapes and squiggles.
  • The amount of scrumptious food we dove into over the week – humongous oysters, fried shrimp, pecan waffles from The Breakfast Club, crab cakes, “The Godfather” from Zunzi, BBQ sandwiches, fried green tomatoes, peppermint ice cream from Leopold’s – we had it all! I’m totally going through a serious case of withdrawal from hushpuppies right now – LOVE them, and really wish they were easier to find around these parts.
  • The roly poly bulldog next door named Sheriff Butters (best name ever), who would come barreling over to our backyard as if he had been shot out of a cannon. We all fell in love with him at first sight.

Hope you all had a fabulous week while I was in la la land :-) #3 of my summer bucket list – done!

31 Responses to savannah trinkets

1. Oh my gosh looks like such an amazing trip! These pictures are great – looks like you had a lot of fun! So cute about the boys singing in the back of the car :p

2. looks like you had a blast! savannah is one of my must-see usa spots. soon, i hope!

3. Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

What gorgeous pictures!! I’m dying to visit there.

4. Pink Ronnie says:

So glad you had a blast. I love the photo of the sparkles and of the lighthouse!
    Ronnie xo

5. that sounds like a blast! for real! how could guys belting meatloaf not be?

6. Tang says:

Looks like you had an aaaamazing trip! Good to hear! :)

7. Loving your collection of photographs, looks like it was so so much fun! And The Paris Market looks amazing!
    Fran went to Savannah in April, I’d love to visit that part of the world one day :) x

8. Vasu says:

looks so much fun, the pictures are wonderful, love ur swimsuit, i like the colour

9. a colorful beach house + building sandcastles all day?!! your vacation to savannah sounds and looks like it was a dream! if you ever figure out that get-rich quick scheme, i hope you share =P!

10. kimbirdy says:

wow, that sounds absolutely perfect! seriously, i love every bit of your vacation – kayaking? beach? meatloaf? sheriff butters? yup, all of it. i’m glad you had such an amazing time!

How fabulous. That Paris Market looks amazing…I love the lit letters. Now I’m hungry for a hush puppy!

12. Looks like such an amazing little escape :)

13. i love your photos!! it looks like you had a blast! i always have such a hard time getting back into the groove after a vacation. virgos rule ;) ;)
    xoxo ~ kristina

14. Looks like you had a great time! Lovely pictures and what a cute dog!

15. Christine says:

I want to go to there! Beautiful.

16. Bon Bon says:

The food, oh my, the food! Gotta love the South:-) xoxo

Your vacation is making me drool-what a gorgeous, delicious getaway! And trust me, I’m still dreaming about getting back on an airplane and getting out of dodge!

18. Ahh how fun! I have always wanted to visit Georgia, there is something so charming about the South :)
    Bisous,
    Rachel

19. Rebecca says:

Welcome back! Your vacay sounds fantastic. I LOVE your bathing suit – where’s it from?!? Great sparklers pic, too…

20. alli/hooray says:

Love your pictures, your black one-piece, and that food sounds amazing!

21. LOVE those twinkly letters and your black one piece bsuit! Looks like you had a blast! xo

22. Laura of Acquired Taste says:

Love that lighthouse!

23. Lillian (Unstitched.) says:

What a gorgeous collage! It’s such a dream vacation of mine to visit Savannah. :) So glad to see that it’s every bit as beautiful as I imagined, and that you had such a fun time! I’ll be bookmarking this for future reference ;)

24. Cute bathing suit! I want to go to savannah, looks fun!

25. Katie*Belle says:

Your trip looks and sounds so wonderful!

26. sherri lynn says:

Glad you had such a wonderful vacation! I found myself drooling over all of the food you described that you all ate. And that picture of the house with the weeping willow – LOVE!

27. A restaurant called The Breakfast Club? How cute is that?

Been all around Georgia to Atlanta and Athens, etc. But still haven’t made it to Savannah!!! What a lovely city.

28. Maddy says:

Sounds like the epitome of summer! I always ask myself the same thing when I return from vacation :) Wish those care-free days would never end!

29. Yay to crossing something off of the bucket list!! This trip sounds and looks just awesome. Glad you had such a great time!