Cascade Short Necklace from Kate Spade | Sequin 'Cleopatra' from Nordstrom | 1960 Leather Stations Necklace by House of Harlow from Singer22 | Black Feather Necklace from Love At First Blush | Gold Makena Necklace from Janna Conner | Leafing Town Necklace from ModCloth

My jewelry collection tends to lean towards simple, understated styles, but I’m more than ready to make the leap to bolder pieces like these gorgeous statement necklaces. I can’t think of an easier way to add a healthy dose of color and texture to your outfit, even if it’s as basic as jeans and a tee!

27 Responses to the bold & the beautiful

1. I am loving all of these! So pretty and can dress up an everyday outfit!

2. Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

I need them. ALL of them!! Sigh.

3. Erin Lian says:

Oh man these are beautiful! I lust!

4. Pilar says:

these are great statement pieces… perfect for a simple tee.

5. that bottom middle piece has my name allover it. give me colbalt and gold any day.

6. The Happening says:

Great blog! So easy to function and super neat! These bold necklaces are amazing, literally in love – especially with the Kate Spade Turqoise and the Janna Conner one, insane!

7. jennifer says:

i’m not much of an accessories type of girl either, but i’d totally sport those! esp the house of harlow & black feather necklace! love :D

8. sherri lynn says:

ooh I love the blue one on the bottom! I’m so simple when it comes to jewelry; I really need to get some more bold pieces!

9. LOVE these bold statement necklaces. Especially loving the Kate Spade tear drop and tribal Sequin necklace. I started a new blog today, Sequins and Stripes, stop by! It is a new little endeavor. xoxo

10. Dionne_C says:

These are all so pretty! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that top center one. SOOOO perfect for summer!

11. Totally loving that kate spade necklace! And you’re right… would look amazing with a plain tee and jeans :)

12. yes ~ great idea to pair with simple clothes such as jeans and a tee! i knew right away that my favorite piece was by house of harlow! thanks for posting these!! also, thanks again for your support and comments!!
    xo ~ kristina

13. Oh my gorgeous!! All of them. So bold and funky :)

14. whoaaaa that big black feather necklace looks amazing!

15. Love these! I’m especially into big and bold rings. Great statement pieces.

16. Rebecca says:

So true!!! & what am I wearing right now? Boring shorts and a T that could SO be spruced up with a glam necklace.

Wow, Gloria! You always find the best things! I love that black feather necklace – so dramatic!

18. Love these. When it comes to necklaces, I’m all about big and chunky. These are just my style! Thanks for posting!! :)

19. Pink Ronnie says:

Gorgeous – they all remind me of Cleopatra!
    Ronnie xo

20. Katie*Belle says:

So gorgeous! I’d love to wear — and plan outfits around — all of them!

21. Steph says:

That feather necklace is AWESOME, what a great idea!

22. kimbirdy says:

i’m just like you, most of my pieces are light, delicate, & simple. but there are times when i want something fabulous and bold. i suppose every girl should have one or two of those. i LOVE this feather one you found. beautiful!

23. These are all so gorgeous! :) My favorites are the black feather and the gold makena – beautiful!

24. Like you, my jewelry tends to be on the understated side. Lately, I’ve been inspired to get out of my comfort zone a bit and try accessories that are a little more daring, however I always have a tough time figuring out what I would wear them with! I’m not that great at being a fashionista (although sometimes I like to say otherwise, haha).

That feather necklace is pretty amazing!

26. Maddy says:

I keep mine simple too, but I’d be willing to make the dive into bold and daring territory for the leaf necklace!

27. I used to wear really bold pieces of jewelry and now I just don’t wear any. I imagine I might get some of my old jewelry out one of these days, but maybe stick to the more simple pieces. Either way, I love that bottom right necklace!