The time has come to catch the Hogwarts Express for one last ride this weekend…sad face. I know it’s been Harry Potter overload everywhere you look this week, so I’ll just leave you with this:

“Listeners, that brings us to the end of another Potterwatch. We don’t know when it will be possible to broadcast again, but you can be sure we shall be back. Keep twiddling those dials: the next password will be ‘Mad-Eye.’ Keep each other safe. Keep faith. Good night.”

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

PS. Aren’t these Penguin-inspired book covers by M.S. Corley brilliant?

PPS. My jaw dropped clear to the floor when I saw this photo of Neville Longbottom. Someone’s been drinking their milk – my goodness!

15 Responses to the final chapter

1. I STILL haven’t seen it!!! I am dying to! Those book covers are amazing though – and I love your quote! It will help me cope :)

2. Whoa…Neville grew up! I haven’t seen HP since the 2nd movie. (I really need to catch up.) What a difference!

3. val says:

Were you happy with this final movie? I personally loved it, but there will always be naysayers… and wow, Neville looks rather dapper these days!

4. I just saw the final movie yesterday. It was spectacular. And I know that I’ll be picking up the books (I’ve only read the first three) one of these days soon. But honestly I was thinking I’d be a little embarrassed to read them on the bus. But these covers change everything! So glad I waited to purchase the books until now. Great post once again. PS. I pinned this pic of Neville a week ago— http://pinterest.com/pin/60488050/ Dream boat.
    xo

5. I haven’t had a chance to see the final movie yet! Can’t wait!

6. these harry potter covers have such a contemporary look! as fabulous as these covers are, nothing can replace the original covers :)!

7. Woah!! Neville Longbottom! That’s all I have to say, ha!

Okay, maybe not.. I may have had HP overload, but you’ve shown something completely different. Very cool covers!

8. Heather J says:

I love these covers! So excited to see the show.

Oh and well hello Neville! :)

9. really nice book covers!! i never got into the harry potter thing would you believe, but i’m excited for everyone who is!! have a great weekend gloria!!
    xo ~ kristina

I’ve never seen these covers before-how amazing! Enjoy the weekend, and Harry!

11. Belly B says:

Harry Potter has been part of my life for the longest time! I can’t wait to watch the movie. As for Neville, oh.my.god.

<3 Belly B

12. Kyla says:

I’m seeing the movie tonight, and I’m not ready for it to be over! :( BUT, those book covers are amazing! I think my favorite is Goblet of Fire.

13. Pink Ronnie says:

Oh wow, I absolutely adore these covers. Now I wish I hadn’t bought the original ones so I could get these one instead! Saw the final HP for my birthday on Wednesday and loved it. So sad it’s over…. :(
    Ronnie xo
    p.s. That’s Neville!? He’ll probably star in the next Twilight series or something like that…

14. Maddy says:

I’ve never really gotten into the whole Harry Potter thing or read the books. But once the dust settles, I would love to pick it up from the beginning and read the books followed by watching the movies :)

15. Are you going to see it today? Unfortunately, I can’t because I’m still only on the fourth book (I got into the game a little late!). I love it!