maximo-riera

How spectacular are these chairs exquisite works of art by Maximo Riera?! I can’t get over how lifelike the animals are, and umm who knew a piece of furniture could be so intimidating? If I ever decide to become an evil villain, I would definitely scheme up all of my dastardly plans from that writhing octopus chair in my underground lair. Muahaha.

21 Responses to have a seat

1. Pink Ronnie says:

Wow, these sure are eye-catching! Very surreal… like an optical illusion.
    Ronnie xo

2. how on earth do you find these things? These are the best – I think I’d like them in white so if I ever inherited one, do you think it’d be wrong if I spray painted it white? hehe

3. Deborah says:

The walrus chaise lounge is fan-freakin’-tastic!

4. alli says:

These are so creepy good…and yes, I think every villain’s lair requires at least one of these.

5. intimidating is the perfect word to describe these. i’m nervous at the thought of sitting on them.

6. Wow! I can’t even think of a word to describe these pieces…intimidating indeed.

7. domestikate says:

Ha ha! You make me laugh. These chairs, on the other hand, make me want to pee my pants in terror!

Haha, that first one is the perfect example of an evil villain’s evil chair. These really are amazing!

9. Lara Matos says:

These are awesome and so unique. They would totally make a statement wherever they are placed. The rhino is my favorite. soo lifelike.

10. those are crazy! kind of obsessed with the rhino one :)

11. whoa those are ca-razy! i like them :)

These are WILD-love them!

13. val says:

hmmm… gorgeous and gross!

p.s. I’m liking the new look of your blog!

14. Allison says:

Okay, that octopus chair seriously makes me want to be a villain in some Disney film (except skinnier and prettier than Ursula the sea witch). I love how creative people are – these are so unique!

15. oh my goodness these are awesome! i want one for my lounge room ~ thanks for the inspiration once again gloria ;)
    xx ~ ks

16. Jennifer says:

LOL….these would totally work for your evil villian persona! They are weirdly cool seats:)

Holy crap – those are nuts!

18. sherri lynn says:

These are so ridiculous! Can you imagine if one of these were in your living room?!?

19. YIKES! These are kind of creepy but brilliant at the same time! I could see myself sitting on one of them with an eye patch and a cat plotting someone’s demise!

20. Steph says:

Eeek! Those are freaky AND fabulous.

21. Maddy says:

They are exquisite!! But you’re right…they have evil villain written all over them :) The first one is soooo Ursula!