Shark shoes by Jean-Charles de Castelbajac | Disney Couture Shark Bracelet from Fred Flare | Finn Salt and Pepper Shakers from Kikkerland | Great White Shark print from Berkley Illustration

I always know it’s officially the start of Shark Week when snarling shark photos start replacing my friends’ profile pics on Facebook – chomp chomp! And as if I needed more of an incentive to watch these magnificent creatures, the very funny Andy Samberg is hosting the series this year, so I’m more than ready to plop down on the couch and fill my head with nautical knowledge!

Here’s a fun fact to kick off the week: As sensational as shark attacks are in newspaper headlines, the reality is that you’re more likely to be bitten by another person than a shark. Ummm that’s a relief?

15 Responses to my what big teeth you have

1. Jennifer says:

LOL….I love the fun fact. What do we live in a world of vampires?

2. Such great pictures to start off shark week! I especially love those shoes!!

3. michelle says:

Shark shoes, awesome!

Ok, those shoes are just hilar. I love that you did a Shark Week inspired post. Clever.

5. these finds are so amazingly quirky! those shoes! that bracelet!

6. wow! that bit of info about being bitten by a person is interesting! i know andy samberg’s sister ~ she and andy both went to berkeley high ~ he is pretty hilarious isn’t he??
    xo ~ kristina

7. Okay, so.. I wrote this in my One Green Planet article, but I just had to copy & paste after reading what you wrote:

“…sharks kill 5 people per year; crocodiles (who are protected animals) have killed as many people in just one year as sharks have in hundreds; elephants and tigers kill 100 people each year; execution: 2,400; illegal drugs: 22,000; road accidents: 1,200,000; starvation: 8,000,000. Sea Shepherd states that “more people are killed each year by falling vending machines than by sharks.”

Crazy, huh?!

I was a serious biter as a child, and have probably made that statistic true. Something about shark week has made me desperate for shark fruit snacks!

9. Erin Lian says:

That bracelet would make me look a million % cooler than I do now. Love Disney Couture!

We watched Shark Week last night! Andy Samberg is the best host possible. When we were in Clearwater in May, we saw a shark swim up and circle around. It was crazy being so close but also crazy because a jogger/local stopped to stare in awe and said in all the 22 years he’s been living there he’d only seen one other one!

11. Rebecca says:

Sharks freak me out….. Hope you had a great weekend and hike! can’t wait to hear about it :)

12. Love those shark shoes!

13. Oh man, those shoes are phenomenal. Hooray, shark week!

14. Maddy says:

The shark shoes are too cute! Not sure if I would wear them, but they’d sure make a great conversation starter!

15. Belly B says:

haha I love the bangle! Cute! Is it from Modcloth??

Belly B :)