DIY gilded party animal cupcake toppers from This is Glamorous | Animag photo stands from Photojojo | Animal wine stoppers from designboom

I’ve always thought generic plastic animals were at the bottom of the fun toy food chain. How do kids play with them without falling asleep out of sheer boredom? And yet, I was completely enamored when I started seeing these quirky figurines pop up around the web – a few simple twists was all it took to transform them from duds into nostalgic treasures! I may have to dig through my parents’ basement for all the plastic critters I shunned during my childhood and make amends.

12 Responses to plastic menagerie

1. Erin Lian says:

These made me giggle :P

2. the wine bottle stoppers are so hilarious!! this could be a great DIY!

3. Love these! For some reason the bottle toppers kind of remind me of Where the Wild Things Are. So fun and playful. Love it! (like all the things you post here.)

Sorry I’ve been MIA lately. Missed you’re blog!

4. rachel says:

hah! I love it. these are definitely so much more interesting :)

5. who would’ve thought! i’m always so surprised by people’s creativity :)

All kinds of in love with these.

7. Alexa says:

Oh my goodness these are so fun and quirky. I love them!
    xo

8. I’m pretty much dying over those wine stoppers. i love them.

9. Steph says:

Haha, I actually snorted laughter when I saw those wine stoppers. They are too funny!

10. Lillian (Unstitched.) says:

Haha, those wine stoppers are awesome! I never really played with toy animals when I was young…I might have to make up for lost time and start playing with them now, they look so fun ;)

11. Love that picture holder! May have to dredge up a few plastic animals at home for this!

12. The wine bottle stoppers are too cute!