For my birthday, Hubs bought me this world map that I’ve had my eye on for months by These Are Things **cue excited clapping** It’s every bit as amazing as I thought it would be – the colors are super vibrant, which pop nicely off of our light gray walls. Who knew geography could be so stylish? And the best part is that by mounting it on a cork board, we’ve turned it into a travel map to mark our trips around the world! Hunting among the countries to put in the colorful little pins is a bit like playing Carmen Sandiego, and it’s quite awesome.

Some places I’d love to get to in my lifetime:

1. Greek islands
  2. Tokyo
  3. Machu Picchu
  4. Patagonia
  5. Bangkok

29 Responses to around the world

1. Great list of travel places!! Bangkok is on my must visit list too.

2. What a cool idea! I want one too. And I would LOVE to go to the Greek islands as well. It’s one of my dream destinations. Sigh.

3. Lynn says:

hi Gloria,

thank you so much for visiting me! your blog is a stunning thing, there’s SO, SO much going on and every single drop is pure goodness. i am in awe that your handsome one got this for you! what a stellar guy to give such a cool gift. oh man, those places you mentioned – yes and more yes! i’ve got the travel itch super bad this year, it’s been way too long since our last trip abroad. here’s hoping your silver bird flight is a short wait away! happy week wishes : )

4. Erin Lian says:

Gorgeous!!I want to do this too now :) Lovely present :D

5. Tang says:

**Excited clapping**!!! I love it! I really really wanted a map for pinning as well! This one is gorgeous!

6. What a fantastic birthday gift! I’ve always wanted a giant map I could mark all the places I’ve been to with pins. Your husband did good!

This is so cool! I bet it looks great in your house! I find that we’re constantly staring at our maps and so do our friends!

8. alli says:

love this! I want to start one of these someday (soon). your hubby did good.

9. How fun! And happy belated birthday! I’d love to see the Greek Islands some day – there are so many places on my list!

10. Jessica says:

Oh my goodness, those maps are awesome! I’ve been on the hunt for art to dress our bare walls and these maps look like the perfect item to start with.

Also, I used to love watching Where in the World is Carmen Santiago? on PBS. Ah, childhood.

11. So cute! I love the idea of pining places you would like to go someday! If I had a map that’s exactly what I would do (mostly because If I pinned placed I’ve been too, they wouldn’t extend beyond North America, sad I know :)

12. Great idea! We have one, too and you have great tastes…we have the same travel wish list! Bangkok is awesome!

13. What a cute present! Greek Islands are at the top of my list as well.

14. Maddy says:

What a great gift! I love the idea of mounting it on the wall and adding to it over the years :) Would love to see a picture of it in your home!

15. Katie*Belle says:

Way cool map! And I love using a map to mark place I’ve been. My family did that when I was growing up and it was so fun. I hope you’re able to visit all those places on your list!

16. This is super cool, I love it! Such a good idea :)
    I’m trying to have visited 30 countries by the time I’m 30, I should get me one of these to keep me at it!

17. this is such a beautifully designed map – i especially think the colorful round pins complement it so well! here’s to more travels!

18. Alexa says:

Can I come with you to all of those places? Goodness I have the travel bug right now.

19. honeymyheart says:

what a great present. i like how you can keep adding to it! i’d also love to visit the greek islands, tour europe, and tokyo.

20. Cara says:

What a fun way to decorate! I love the colors of the map and bet they totally pop against light grey walls. We share some of the same travel wishes (Machu Picchu, the Greek Islands.) Happy Belated Birthday!

21. something_creative says:

Silly, do the different pins mean different things?

What an awesome gift, and such a clever idea to mount it on cork! The Greek Islands and Machu Picchu are definitely on my list, too!

23. that is awesome, I’ve always wanted one of those to put pins in!

24. He did good! Love this idea. I bought my husband something like this a few years ago for his office. They are so much fun!

25. sherri lynn says:

This map is awesome! I’ve had my eyes on a few different maps, I just can’t decide which one I want. I love that you’re putting pins to mark the places you’ve been! I want to do that too.

26. Victoria says:

Love the map, the colors are fantastic! I love using maps for decorating, it’s educational and stylish!

27. this is such a beautiful map gloria ~ love the colors! they are so you aren’t they?? {they match your blog site} i would love to travel to greece and would also love to get back to japan at some point ;) ;)
    xo ~ ks

28. Seriously, could these maps be any more gorgeous? Happy belated birthday and a big *high five* to your husband on the perfect birthday purchase! I LOVE these maps. Thank you for introducing them to us and I’d love to see how you’ve displayed it on your wall…please!