1. Stripe notebook from Sarah Pinto | 2. Polar Bear Eraser from All Modern | 3. Nerd Kitty USB drive from NeatoShop | 4. Circuit pencil cup from The Container Store | 5. Floppy disc sticky notes from ThinkGeek | 6. Pet & Zoo rubberbands from See Jane Work | 7. Kikkerland retro pen set from Greener Grass Design

All of your sweet wishes this weekend made me grin like the Cheshire cat – thank you, you fabulous people!

I have a case of first-day-of-school jitters as I head off to the new office today, and yet I’m totally excited to decorate my work space (the most important part of any job, right?). I think surrounding myself with cute and funny office accessories like these will calm my nerves a bit…let’s hope I don’t break anything important on day one!

16 Responses to desk job

1. Padgett Hoke says:

those rubber bands are so cute, as well as the floppy disk post its!

2. I loveee that striped notebook! It reminds me of something a little Kate Spade-ish. The stripes are so cute! And I definitely agree, dressing up the desk and workplace is by FAR the most important part of the job! :)

3. I love quirky desk goodies! So fun!

4. kimbirdy says:

i hope you had a fantastic first day at work!! and these office supplies would cheer up the greyest of cubicles. love them! :)

5. hi gloria ~ i’m so excited for you for your first day of work!! i love that USB hello kitty drive!!
    xx ~ kristina

6. alli says:

something about cute office accessories that never fails to excite me – those floppy disk notes are awesome. hope your first day went really well.

7. Hope all went splendidly at your new job today — and that you got to prettify your desk a bit with some bright fun accessories like these!

Horray for the new gig, and for decorating your space! It reminds me that I still need to do it-a label maker cannot count!

9. Erin Lian says:

Eek I hope you had a good day! Piggy paper clips would probably make anything in the world ok :P <3

10. For a second there I thought that number three was a hello kitty head on a dilbert body. :)

11. Lillian (Unstitched.) says:

I get so excited about office accessories like these! :) Unleash me in a stationary store and I’ll be occupied for hours :) Good luck on your first day! :)

And happy belated birthday! Our birthdays are only two days apart – go September ;)

12. Good luck! If your desk is covered with cutsey things like this, you’ll be the most stylish one in the office!

13. Cara says:

I’m a little late to the party but congratulations on your new position, Glamour.com – wow! Happy Belated birthday as well. Great supplies, I love the pens and stapler!

14. Maddy says:

You’ll kick butt on your first day, I just know it :) Congrats again!

15. I know exactly what you mean…I always get excited about decorating my office space. Good luck!

16. Oh my gosh, congrats on your new position! Any of these items would definitely help calm the nerves but you are going to be a rockstar! Can’t wait to hear all about it! Good luck :)