Photo from One Charming Party

Today I turn 29, which is weird because I could swear I was 22 just last year. Sigh. It’s hard to believe that this year will be the last hurrah of my 20’s, but don’t count me out as an old timer just yet – I can still go mechanical bull riding and unlimited mimosa brunching with the best of the young’uns!

In addition to being my birfday, today is also the last day I’ll be working at my current company. After nearly 5 years here, the thought of moving on is a little scary and overwhelming, but we’ve all got to push ourselves out of the nest sometime. Here’s hoping that I’ll find a new home at Glamour.com when I start on Monday :-)

44 Responses to twenty nine

1. Omg, have I really not been reading blogs regularly for three weeks?! Ahhh, where does time go? Happy belated birthday and congrats on the new (amazing!?) job!

2. val says:

okay, so i’ve been pretty absent from the blog world for the last couple of weeks. I apologize for the lateness of this. I hope you had an amazing first week, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

3. I hope it was great and I love that cake!

xoxo navy & orange

4. Oh my gosh!!!!!! You’re working at Glamour.com?! I want to hear about it! That sounds amazing girl! And more importantly, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! I’m so sorry I missed it!!!

5. rachel says:

happy happy belated birthday, gloria!! congrats on your new job. I’m sure it will be amazing :)

6. cindy says:

hope you had a wonderful birthday and first day in your new job. good luck, you’ll be great!

7. Erin Lian says:

Happy Birthday! I hope you had an AMAZING cocktail/cake fuelled day :) Also congrats on new job! It is all happening at once isn’t it!

8. April says:

Ah congrats my dear! On the new job and the new year!

9. Glamour? Oo la la! Hope your first day is going well!!! Congrats – can’t wait to hear all the exciting times you have!

10. Happy belated, lady! And congrats on your new job! That is awesome. A job at Glamour? You lucky girl, you.

11. hey gloria!! congratulations on the new awesome job!! and also ~ a happy birthday to you ~ you must be a virgo then, correct? good luck on the new job!!
    xx ~ ks

12. meg says:

Happy birthday!! and good luck with your new job!!

13. congrats!!!! hope you are celebrating like a rocks star!!!

14. Pilar says:

yay happy birthday! and good luck on the new job, what can of work will you be doing at glamour.com? xoxo

15. {gemmifer} says:

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to you! And what an exciting way to start your 29th year… best of luck in the new job!

16. happy birthday!! and your new job sounds like it will be awesome :)

17. Happy birthday (for yesterday!)! I hope you had a fabulous day, and good luck in your new job… exciting times :)

18. Happy Birthday, gorgeous! What an exciting weekend for you! Your birthday, an old job to say goodbye to, a new job to welcome. I’m so thrilled you have so many wonderful things going on in your life right now.

19. Happy happy birthday! And congrats on the move to Glamour! So exciting!

20. Marina says:

Happy birthday! I wish you all the best!

21. Katy says:

Firstly belated birthday greetings (only a day out so not bad going). Secondly good luck with the new job. Exciting week!

22. domestikate says:

Ooh massive congratulations – on the birthday and the job! And this cake makes me giggle.

23. Belly B says:

Happy Birthday!!!!! And I hope your new job will be amazing! :)

Belly B :)

24. happy happy birthday!! and how exciting about your new job!! =D congrats!

Happy birthday girl! And wow… Congrats on the job….amaze balls!

26. Jessica says:

Happy Birthday! Welcome to Club 29. :)

Congrats on the new job! What a fabulous way to start a new chapter in your life.

27. Wow, Gloria!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a blast celebrating it all weekend onto Monday in your new job at Glamour! So much amazing-ness in one post. I hope your cake looks as good as that one too, ha! I say this all the time because I absolutely love cake, but eat a piece for me! :) I hope this next year will be super awesome for ya, chica!

Oh my goodness, so much in one day! Happy, happy, happiest birthday, and HORRAY for the new job! You’re going to kill it!

29. Tang says:

Happy Birthday Gloria!!! All the best to you today and this year. :) That’s amazing that you’ll be working at Glamour!!! It’s always been my dream to work at a fashion magazine. It sounds exciting and I hope you’ll love it there! Time really flies and I can’t believe I’m going into the last years of my twenties either. Have an amazing day!

30. Maddy says:

Congrats on your birthday and the new gig! Glamour is one of my favorite mags! Sounds like an excellent opportunity :)

31. kimbirdy says:

a very merry birthday to you!! how about that, we are the same age. it’s so nice to find other almost 30-somethings in blogland. it’s amazing to grow up isn’t it? in so many ways i feel like my young college self, and in other ways, i feel myself becoming a real adult {what? you expect me to stay in a crappy hotel? but i’m a grown up now. i’ve seen the light!}. i hope your last year of your 20’s is the best one of them all! and good luck on the next phase in your career world too, whatever that may end up being.

32. alli says:

happy-birthday-congrats! just in time for a weekend of celebrating (and maybe some mimosa brunching? : ) best of luck with your new gig!

33. jennifer says:

happy birthday,fellow virgo! :) and best of luck at the new job! exciting new beginnings to close out your twenties!

34. Nicole says:

Happy happy birthday AND congrats on the new job! What an exciting time, I can only hope 29 is as good for me (coming up next year, sniffle sniffle) as yours sounds!

You’re working at Glamour?!?!?! That’s the best birthday present ever!! Oh my gosh, Gloria! Congrats AND happy birthday!!

I got a job today and i start monday (it’s at a doc office, not as exciting as Glamour but I’m still looking forward to it :) )

36. Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day! And good luck at your new job – you will be fabulous for sure! :)

37. Mallory says:

have an amazing birthday and good luck at your new job!!!

38. Happy, happy birthday! Enjoy! Best of luck in your new job, too — how exciting!

39. Rebecca says:

Happy birthday, girlie! And blessings as you start a new job Monday….hoping the transition is smooth and that you love Glamour!

40. Steph says:

I hope you have the happiest of birthdays! Knock ’em dead at your new job, congrats!

41. Katie*Belle says:

Happy, happy birthday and congrats on the new job! I hope both are wonderful!

42. Have a fabulous birthday and good luck at Glamour!!

43. Heather J says:

Happy, happy birthday Miss Gloria! And good luck with your new job. :)

44. Kayta says:

Happy Birthday! Oh and congrats on the job at Glamour! Change is always a good thing, you’ll feel so refreshed.