Flower canvas tote bag from depeapa | Home at Sea print from Theater Clouds | Magnolia Bug no.6667 from Kari Herer | Turquoise Swarovski Cube necklace from Diament

Happy Friday, party people! Hubs and I are off to Chicago for a few days to see one of my dear old friends from high school. So excited!! This will be my very first trip to the Windy City – any suggestions for things we must do or see or (most importantly) eat? I’d better bring my fanny pack and giant map because I’m gearing up to be a tourist extraordinaire.

27 Responses to friday grab bag

1. Erin Lian says:

I <3 the turquoise and gold necklace! Glad you had a lovely time :) <3

2. Pilar says:

that necklace is so pretty!

3. rebekka says:

Ooooh…love that tote!

Ugh. The top left bag needs to be mine! it’s SO pretty!

5. kimbirdy says:

how fun! old friends and a new city sounds like a great weekend. i hope you had a blast!

6. Hope you had a wonderful trip!! That necklace is just the sweetest!

7. Aubrey says:

Dang, I wish I knew that area better! I’m sure you will have a blast no matter what! Have a great trip!

8. Rebecca says:

Oh me oh my! That necklace! Where do you find the awesome things you find, Gloria?! You need to teach me the art of scouring the internet for such sweet finds!

9. Ah, those sailboats are so precious!

10. amy b.s. says:

have so much fun in chicago!

11. Hope you’re enjoying the windy city! I’ve only been once and can’t wait to go back some day.

12. gena says:

Hope you’re having lots of fun in Chicago. That cube necklace is getting added to my wish list!! It’s lovely…

13. Have fun in the windy city, Gloria!! That tote bag is so cute — reminds me lots of Rifle Paper Co.’s cards.

I’ve been dying to visit Chicago-all those bloggers make it sound so divine! Have a great weekend!

Oh shoot! My tips will hit you too late! Next time we have to meet up!

16. I have never been there yet but always wanted to go…have fun!

17. rachel says:

have a great time in chicago!! :)

18. Tang says:

Have fun in Chicago! Can’t wait to hear all about it. I’ve never been but would love to see it one day. :) I love that necklace too.

19. Chanel says:

Chicago is one of my favorite cities! This is a great time of year to go! You must go to the top of the old Sears tower (worth the cost). And a freebie that’s AMAZING is Millenium Park. The bean is the coolest thing around. Great for photos!

20. Anna @ IHOD says:

That little necklace is perfection. Love the hue.
    Great finds as always my friend!
    Happy weekend!

21. something_creative says:

Yayyyy I’m so excited! Btw I hate deep dish, but if you must, you must. Here’s hoping I get to be on the blog come Tuesday!

22. oh and another thing ~ go to lou malnatis for deep dish pizza! you can’t visit chicago and not try deep dish right?!
    xx

23. gloria ~ you must head on out to the magnificent mile ~ for some high-end shopping or window shopping ~ and lincoln park is a great area for shops and restaurants!! i think it was called “the counter?” where we ate at? i had the very best mini sliders and chocolate shake!! have fun and take pictures!!
    xoxo ~ kristina

24. Christine says:

Have a great trip! I’ve never been to Chicago but I seem to be hearing a lot about it lately, sounds like a great city to visit. Enjoy!

25. Ladipo says:

I love the little cube necklace!

And, you have tons of fun ok!

26. Ohh enjoy our lovely city! You are coming just in time for sunny weather and the perfect taste of fall. I hope you enjoy! Love this sea print and cube necklace – adorbs.

27. Katie*Belle says:

That necklace is really cool. I hope you have a fantastic time in Chicago! I love that city and I think the best way to experience it is to walk around — and eat — as much as possible!