Good news: We had a wonderful time on our trip – thank you for all the great suggestions! Bad news: I’m still trudging through all of our photos, but I promise to share once I get ahold of things. It’s times like this that I can’t help but think hmmm did I really need to take 20 photos of this tree/building/sandwich?

In the meantime, here are some brilliant hair creations by the late Nagi Noda, a Japanese artist & director who was known for her over-the-top playful works. Each “hat” was made out of hair weaves shaped over mesh wire, and while all are suberb, the afghan hound made me laugh! Who knew toupees could look so fierce?

9 Responses to tame your mane

1. Erin Lian says:

That lion one looks like The White Witch’s hat from Narnia!

2. Tang says:

Crazy! My fave is the elephant one. :) Haha I think it’s cool to not have your ears pierced! It’s like the rare thing.

3. rachel says:

haha.. I take way too many photos of trees, too :)

4. WOW WOW and WOW!! these are so amazing gloria!! they look like they’d be really complicated to create!! and i can’t wait to see your pictures ~ i know it ~ for some reason when you’re taking the photo of say a building or scenery ~ it seems a lot more interesting at that moment, i hate it when that happens!!
    xx ~ ks

Whoa! These are serious…seriously awesome!

6. Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

Haha. This are very creative and very hilarious :)

7. kimbirdy says:

oh man, that rhino did it for me – so funny! i’m glad you had a great trip! chicago is such a fun city. …unless you are stranded at the o’hare airport there overnight twice on christmas vacation. otherwise, love that city. :) can’t wait to see some photos!

8. Sara C. says:

I would have the elephant hair…maybe some wisdom might penetrate in my brain too…since elephant are known to be the wisest animals among all!
    Sara C.

9. These are INSANE! I’ve never seen anything like it.