1960 industrial porcelain glove mold from AMradio | Haters temporary tattoo from Tattly | Stuffed tapir from Olula | Dauville gold-brushed bowls from one sydney road

Happy Friday! One of my resolutions from last year was to learn to use my sewing machine instead having it sit on my table as an expensive paperweight. And while I DID try to teach myself the basics using the manual, an instructional book, and YouTube videos (all simultaneously, mind you), the only thing I learned at the end of it all was that stapling is totally a legitimate form of sewing…right?

So this year I’ve decided to do it right and signed up for an actual class this weekend! It’s taken a bit longer to accomplish this goal than I had hoped, but success is imminent!

15 Responses to friday grab bag

1. kristina says:

much luck to you gloria! my mom is the sewing pro in the family ~ and that tat is soooo cute!
    xx, k

2. Adore the gold brushed bowls! So so pretty! PS…my husband wants me to learn how to sew…maybe a new resolution for me too?!

3. Sarah Storm says:

That Tapir is awesome! Great find

4. Maddy says:

Good luck with the class! I know I pick up things much faster when I’m in a class environment. Hopefully, it will do just the trick for you too :)

5. rachel says:

go, you! I think classes are great — I should really take one, too, because I have also failed over and over when it comes to sewing. hope you have a wonderful weekend, gloria!

6. You’ll be sewing in no time!! I want to take a class someday…once I get a sewing machine. :) Have fun!

7. Umm I’m weirdly loving that stuffed Tapir!!

8. Oh, It's Just Perfect! says:

Haha. Staples totally = sewing!! Those bowls are gorgeous – perfect for a dinner party.

Have fun! My mom is a fabulous seamstress but couldn’t pass any of her genius onto me when I was growing up!

10. alli says:

One of my goals this winter is to set up a nicer/more functional sewing area to lure myself into using my machine more. Good luck with the class!

11. Alexa says:

Happy Friday! Love the little tapir!

Nice, good for you! I love those gold brushed bowls!

13. Katie*Belle says:

Good for you! I have a sewing machine and I really need to ask my mom to teach me how to use it. Have a great weekend!

14. val says:

I love the pop of yellow paired with the gold here!

And I feel you on the sewing thing. I even have my Mom to learn from, who is very adept at sewing, and lives across the street from me. Yet I haven’t figured it out yet! Maybe 2012 will be the year of the sew for me, too :)

15. domestikate says:

Ooh I always want to try a sewing class but am a bit intimidated. Can do basic stuff with my sewing machine, but nothing spectacular! Let us know how you get on :)