I was rummaging through our closet the other day and out fell these babies – the Save The Dates from our barn wedding! Yippee! We sold most of our wedding paraphernalia, including my dress (sad face) due to lack of storage space, so this was a sweet little souvenir to stumble upon.

Funny side story – Hubs and I designed these ourselves and those chatty piglets were a major point of contention while we were putting this together. I ADAMANTLY wanted pigs – I mean, are they not everyone’s favorite barnyard animal? However, the crazy swine flu epidemic was going on at the time and pigs were getting a bad rap, so Hubs wanted to use a different animal that didn’t scream omg we’re all going to die! Ohhh the totally bizarre things you argue about under the stress of wedding planning. I’m really glad the piggies made the cut in the end – they still make me giggle 2 years later!

17 Responses to save the date

1. Pink Ronnie says:

How gorgeous is this!? I’m glad the piglets made it… they’re awesome. :)
    Ronnie xo

I love these! Thanks goodness you saved them. Totally original.

3. Kirsteen says:

These are so sweet!

Loving the pigs :)

4. kristina says:

gloria, these are the cutest invites EVER!! such a nice design indeed ;)
    xoxo

5. I absolutely love that you were so adamant about the pigs. That’s so funny — and they did turn out ridiculously cute. I’m so glad you held your ground.

6. Those are adorable – so glad you won the pig argument! :)

They are DARLING–and thank goodness the piglets made the cut! They’re the perfect barnyard addition!

8. Laicie says:

Oh my goodness… how have I never stumbled upon your fantastic blog! I’ll be sure to visit more often, now that I have. ;)

… and I adore these, and the little pigs too!

9. What an adorable Save the Date! Love the pigs and their little tails!!

10. Alli says:

These are so sweet. I have to agree, the pigs with heart-forming tails kind of seal the deal – can’t not love them!

11. Victoria says:

I think the pigs are adorable, they were the first thing that caught my eye when I looked at the invites.

These are SO adorable!!! Well done! And it’s pretty sweet that you got married around the same time as I! We celebrate 2 years on August 6th :)

13. These are perfect! So glad you won the argument :)

14. Oops! I meant save the dates. :)

15. Cute invites! and a barn wedding sounds so fun.

Oh your save the dates are adorable and I really like the heart that the little pigs’ tails make!