I’m completely blown away by this amazing creation entitled Ephemicropolis, by artist Peter Root. Who knew staples, of all things, could be so beautiful? Root spent 40 hours creating this sprawling micro “city”, which consisted of nothing but staples…100,000 painstakingly placed staples to be exact! Some buildings soared up to 12cm, while others went down to a single staple, and the entire metropolis covered an area about 6m x 3m. A creative mind at work is always a sight to behold! Check out more photos over at designboom.

Hope you’re recovering from all the fireworks and hotdogs yesterday! Hubs and I are taking a screenprinting class this afternoon, so if all goes well, I’ll be bringing home a cute t-shirt or tote bag to add to my wardrobe :-) Guess we’ll see!

15 Responses to office supply heaven

1. domestikate says:

Wow wow wow wow wow! This is incredible!

2. Wow, this is really amazing! Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

3. Holy cow, 100,000 staples?! Amazing.

4. little t says:

This is so cool- I love stationery, but how does he have the patience?

5. wow! who would have thought you could make a city out of staples?!

6. I didn’t even realize those were staples until I read your post – amazing! Hope you had fun at the screen printing class. That’s something I’d love to learn how to do.

7. Laicie says:

This is awesome!! I love it. Have fun screenprinting!! :)

This is just AMAZING!

9. val says:

When I see things like this, I’m always blown away by the patience it takes to complete it. I don’t usually have enough of an attention span to read through an entire article from Yahoo! I blame YouTube and their short, concise little videos for this one…

This is SO COOL – I love it

11. woah, this is incredible! and surprisingly beautiful too. i cannot even imagine having enough patience to create something like that!

12. ummm whoa, that is the coolest thing i’ve seen today!

13. Alli says:

I love these kinds of things! so creative & impressive.

14. So. Awesome. Enjoy your screenprinting class!