Our weekend in the Poconos was lots of fun and waaay too short (sidenote: although the Poconos sounds like it should be an exotic island in the Caribbean, it’s actually in Pennsylvania!) It felt wonderful to get out of the city, and there’s no cell service or internet there so we were completely and utterly unplugged. I had some withdrawl symptoms the first night, but the not-checking-email-every-5-minutes thing quickly grew on me!

Reading in the sunshine. Eating spiral hotdogs. Going swimming. Puttering around the lake in a row boat. Drinking lots of margaritas and white sangria. Star gazing. Screaming far too excitedly at the TV while watching the Olympics (especially when Nathan Adrian was onscreen, tee hee). Chatting with old friends around a crackling fire with s’mores on hand. It doesn’t get much better than this, people!

23 Responses to meet me at the lake

1. Jill says:

Aww thanks for sharing these in a nice lil post- I had SUCH a good welcome back to the US of A weekend, made special by all ya’ll!

2. honeymyheart says:

looks likes quintessential summer fun!! pass me a spiral hotdog ;)

3. Christine says:

There is something to be said for being unplugged (or forced to be, haha). This looks like an awesome weekend!

These are great pics. Quintessential summer trip…glad you had fun!

5. Lynn says:

wow Gloria, you sure wouldn’t have to ask me twice! i’d be barreling towards that awesome lake at max velocity!!!! tremendous shots, i love the little boat one especially much, hope this weekend is just as wonderful.

6. Looks like an amazing weekend! glad you had a great time!

7. How wonderful! I am so glad that you had a great trip — your photos make me want to take a mini-vaca of my own before summer ends. We’ll see! :-)

Sounds like my idea of the absolute perfect weekend. Perfect.

9. Ahhhh, that sounds so fantastic! I need an unplugged getaway but I’m not disciplined enough to do a self-imposed one. Maybe I’ll have to pack up the girls and head to the Poconos!

10. Elle sees says:

Next time I wanna go! ;)

11. Nikki says:

These are great pics! Those hot dogs look yuuummmyy!!

12. Alyssa says:

These pictures just scream fun–you look like you had a fantastic time! My friends and I were trying to plan a Poconos trip this summer, but unfortunately it never came together. After seeing these, I definitely want to head there for a long weekend next summer! Thanks for visiting, I’m your newest Bloglovin’ follower!

-Alyssa

The Glossy Life

13. Laicie says:

OMG I will! I WILL meet you at the lake! This looks heavenly.

Also — spiral hot dogs just blew my mind.

14. Kyla says:

This looks like such a perfect weekend. I love spending time camping at lakes…those hot dogs look seriously good. And margaritas and sangria are always good ;)

15. this looks and sounds amazing, and such beautiful scenery! i’m in major need of some time out of the city with no phone reception, i think it’s good for you every now and again :)

16. Mariko says:

Wow. Jealous. Your time by the lake looks magical.

17. That looks so relaxing! I love lazy days at the lake.

18. alli says:

A place with a name like that sounds like a winner…the lake looks beautiful!

19. Ashley says:

I want a spiral hot dog. We are having sausages on the grill tonight, so I’m loving this post and everything about a campfire and barbaque!

So fun – I’d love to just get away and unplug (key word) sometime. And you did the spiral hot dogs! Did you find that spiraling the hot dog improved the overall taste and condiment capacity, like many claim it does? :)

21. val says:

looks like you had a great time—even if it wasn’t at an exotic Caribbean resort ;) Thanks for the tip on the hotdogs. I’m so going to try this!