kitchen-wall-2

chalkboard spice rack

Our apartment was used as the model unit while the building was holding open houses, and for that, we got a few perks – one of which is a floor to ceiling chalkboard wall in our kitchen. Jackpot! It’s definitely a highlight of our home, and since I don’t have the chalkboard artistry of the awesome Dana Tanamachi, I recently udpated it with a simple pattern of crosses that I spotted in this lovely Pinterest find. Let’s call it umm minimalist?

The spice rack is something we cobbled together on a whim after we moved in and discovered that teeny jars would be completely lost in the kitchen’s extra deep drawers and shelves. Our solution? Ribba Picture Ledges from IKEA! Everything fits perfectly, and it’s so convenient to be able to reach out and grab whatever you need while cooking. Plus, if you squint ever so slightly, the colorful labels look like an abstract painting against all that dark paint :-) Functional kitchen art at its finest!

21 Responses to spice up your life

1. It looks so good! I’m exicted to do the DIY I have brewing :)

2. Kirsteen says:

I love this! Very cool x

3. This is so cool! One day I’ll have a chalkboard wall, for sure. Love the crosses, think they look fab!

4. I love your chalkboard wall – it’s so cool that you get to change it up! Such a clever idea to use Ribba picture ledges, might just have to ‘borrow’ it!

5. Bel says:

Great idea with the crosses! Love it!

Fab! I love this…can we see more of your home?

7. Nikki says:

Love that! I want chalkboard walls!

8. Oh, wow! Your kitchen is awesome! I love the backplash and the chalkboard wall — and the way you have styled it. The way you have used your spices as wall decor is so cool.

9. Laicie says:

So many fantastic things about this post I don’t know where to begin! I am so copying your crosses — so cute.

10. Alyssa says:

One of my design dreams is to add a chalk board wall to my home. I love the crosses you added to yours–gives it such a cool touch!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

11. Julia says:

picture ledges are a great idea for spices – love it! I think your pluses are great too :)

12. Love how it looks! It so clean and chic :)

This is GENIUS–and I love a little peek at your chic home!

Chalkboard wall – how lucky! I like the little crosses that you’ve dotted, I thought it was a wallpaper at first

15. How amazing! I would love to have that in my apt!
    xo,
    nancy

16. Invite Dana to pimp your kitchen, you never know ;)

17. how lucky are you to have a chalkboard wall in your kitchen!! i also love the minimalistic look of the crosses and the way it contrasts with your spice rack!

18. Kyla says:

I LOVE this…it looks like a model kitchen that you would walk into at IKEA ;) The cross pattern is too perfect.

19. April says: