Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes! The crazy tornado weather that hit NYC over the weekend blew over just in nick of time, so it was nothing but beautiful weather on Sunday – phew! I had so much fun at the BBQ that I didn’t snap many photos at all, but I DO have some pics of these cheerful flower numbers that were the backdrop to our party. Our patio has these big framed 4 foot square areas, (for no particular reason I can figure out) so I decided on a whim to fill them up with paper flowers…without, you know, doing any sort of calculations. I completely underestimated the size of these things, and spent the day before the party frantically cutting up mountains of tissue paper. They turned out quite lovely though, so it was worth it! I used this awesome tutorial to make the flowers, which requires nothing harder than stapling. All in all, I couldn’t have asked for a better way to enter a new decade. Turning 30 certainly goes down a lot smoother when you’re surrounded by friends, pitchers of sangria, and a boat load of paper flowers :-)

21 Responses to flower power

1. Erica says:

So beautiful. I love DIYs… especially flower ones :)

2. Pingback: 5 DIYs That Make Me Want To Go To Home Depot | Henry HappenedHenry Happened

How clever are you? I love this. Happy 30th!

4. oooh and happy belated birthday, hope it was fabulous! love your flowery 30, it’s beautiful.

5. Kirsteen says:

Love, love this!!

I hope you had a lovely birthday x

6. So pretty, I love the colors! Hope you had a wonderful birthday, glad the rain missed you!

7. Anna @ IHOD says:

WOW. That is amazing! Hope your 30th was memorable and that you were surrounded by loved ones!

Btw, saw that you were from Brooklyn. Have you met Hilary of Dean Street Society. Have a feeling you would love her:)

8. homestilo says:

Happy Belated Birthday Gloria! If the decorations are any indication, I’d say your really did have a wonderful celebration.

9. Your flower decorations look lovely! I can’t believe you made them. Glad to hear you had a nice birthday. :)

10. alli says:

Woah. This is so creative!

11. Stephanie says:

Wow, so pretty! Welcome to the 30’s… it’s even better than the 20’s!

These are the most amazing use of crepe paper flowers–how fabulous!

13. Laicie says:

Gorgeous! What a cute idea. :) Glad you had a great celebration!!

14. Jenna says:

Love how this came out!! And you make me laugh because I can totally see myself frantically putting this together too. So worth it!

15. Why is it so easy to underestimate paper craft projects?! Well done, though! I thought at first that was just a stock photo and was amazed that you’d crafted all those flowers yourself!

16. Kyla says:

These flowers are crazy pretty! Well worth it :) And I’m glad you had a great birthday celebration.

17. whitney says:

I can’t believe there was a tornado, that’s insane! Those flowers are so pretty but look like they would drive me crazy to try and make.

18. SO stinkin adorable! I would totally do something like this for a party for my girls– or a baby shower! Love!

And I’m so glad you didn’t have your party scheduled on that ridiculous tornado day!

19. Alyssa says:

I recently made tissue paper flowers for a friends party and they came out looking nothing like these…Yours are actually pretty (mine were so, so not)! I love how you made the numbers out of them!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

You did that?! It’s gorgeous!

21. Erin says:

Those are beautiful! Love that you made your own decorations for your party, and that the tornadoes (what was up with those?!) passed just in time! Sounds like it was a lovely day.