Sherbet Obsessed Tissue Tassel Garland from EVERYLANE | Birthday Cake Tapers from Olive & Cocoa | Party Confetti from Knot & Bow | DIY Fring Gift Wrap via Pinterest

So I’m hitting the big 3-0 on Sunday, and I’m totally in denial over the fact that tomorrow is the last day of my 20’s. Say what?! Instead of heading to karaoke (my default birthday spot), we’ll be celebrating this milestone with a BBQ shindig! Isn’t the evolution of bday plans funny? Mine started off with a lot of bar hopping and dancing into the wee hours of the morning when I first moved to NYC, and then they slowly degenerated over the years until it’s finally like “We can order a pizza, and I’ll change out of my sweatpants if I’m feeling particularly festive”. Ok, I’m not quite at that stage yet, but I’m afraid we’re getting there :-)

This past year has been full of highs and lows, and yet I feel extremely blessed to be entering a new decade with wonderful friends & family, and a lovely home to share with Hubs and the Tobster. Here’s hoping year 30 will bring on more laughter, success, and wisdom.

20 Responses to friday grab bag (birfday edition)

1. Erin Lian says:

Happy birthday lovely lady :) <3

2. Happy Birthday Gloria!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration! Cheers to you! xoxox

3. Laicie says:

Oh my gosh happy belated birthday!! I hope it was wonderful!

HOLY HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

5. Connie | Daydream In Color says:

Happy belated birthday! I definitely see the decline in birthday madness with age as well. Hope you had fun celebrating with BBQ! Love your colorful birthday picks too.

6. Erin says:

A happy belated birthday to you! Hope you had a wonderful time celebrating (in your sweatpants, if you so chose). I like to joke that I was born at age 60 and I’m only getting older. I’m envious of your nights out dancing til morning! I’ve always been more of a grouchy old lady who can’t stay up past 10pm, haha, so sweatpants are generally on the menu. Hope your weekend bbq was a blast!

7. alexa says:

Yay 30! It is an awesome year! And love all of the colors here!

8. Happy birthday! Hope it was great– the weather couldn’t have been more perfect!

I’m going to hit the big 3-0 early next tear. My friends and I are trying to think of something particularly spectacular to ring in the new decade!

9. {gemmifer} says:

Happy Birfday to you! Have a wonderful time tomorrow… The weather’s supposed to be beautiful!

10. happy early birthday! A bbq shindig sounds like the perfect celebration plan even though you’re still a youngin’! :)

11. happy happy birthday! hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend! :)

12. alli says:

Happy birthday Gloria! September always feels like a new start, even more so with a birthday too I bet : )

13. Have a wonderful birthday weekend! :)

14. Jenna says:

Aw, have a happy happy birthday!!! I wish my bday was around this time, a BBQ sounds fantastic! Mine’s in February so no one even wants to leave their apartment! :)

15. oooh happy birthday Gloria!!!! Have a blast – drinks on me, I’ll email you soon – I didn’t forget ;)

16. Erica says:

P.S. Happy birthday… welcome to the 3-0 club ;)

17. Erica says:

This is perfect! Both of my sisters have birthdays coming up!

LOVE the fringe gift wrap. So clever!

18. Ashley {GirlyObsessions} says:

Happy birthday Gloria!! Welcome to the Dirty Thirties! :)

Gloria – you should think of it as your anniversary for turning 29. Happiest birthday – celebrate in style!

Happy birthday darling – I hope it’s awesome and exactly what you hoped for. BTW, the 30’s are kick ass!