Some people may say obsessively scrolling through Pinterest each day is a complete waste of time, and these people are what we call Debbie Downers. Where else can you find decor ideas, dinner recipes, and a new ways to braid your hair all in one place? It’s a learning mecca, I tell ya! And to prove my point, here are some great usable-in-real-life household tips I’ve recently picked up from the pinning paradise:

1. Instead of trying to hide every electrical cord in the house, funkify them with some colored tape. You’ll actually be happy to see them peeking out from around the room!
  2. Key caps begone! Color code your keys using nail polish (duh)
  3. Freeze fresh herbs in olive oil, and pop them out as needed. I won’t let herbs sit around in my fridge until they turn brown ever again. Promise.
  4. Use binder clips to organize chargers and cables. This action is going on on my desk right now, and I haven’t had to crawl around on my hands and knees, groping blindly at wires since. Success!

15 Responses to oh you clever monkey

1. Totally did the key thing a while ago – it’s really awesome!

2. I consider myself to be a happy Pinterest addict but I have never seen the freezing of herbs in olive oil! Pure genius Gloria – this might have changed my life :)

The idea with the binder clips is pretty genius. I’m going to have to try that once I get back home!

4. oh man, I have some ugly cords that could seriously use a tape makeover. Thanks for the idea!!

5. The herbs in the olive oil is brilliant. Definitely trying that!

6. whitney says:

the fresh herbs thing is the best idea!! seems like a lot of olive oil to use though, no? i suppose it’s worth it!

7. These are great ideas, especially since I just saw some gorgeous patterned binder clips at Target I might get on that this weekend! PS I’m giving away a gold monogram necklace this week and I would love for you to enter! http://lovealamodeblog.com/2012/09/25/giveaway-100-monogram-necklace-from-nashelle-jewelry-design/

I’m still trying to get comfortable freezing herbs and olive oil, but that’s arguably the best thing I’ve seen on Pinterest thus far.

9. Tang says:

I haven’t been on Pinterest in AGES, but now I wanna go scroll around and search for new projects! :)

10. homestilo says:

Ok, these ideas are all kind of brilliant. And I’m with you: Pinterest for Ever!

11. krystal says:

ok, pinterest is one of my favorite things ever. so maybe i look at it way more often than i should? it’s like my new facebook or something, i love it so much and get endless ideas and find the coolest things!

12. little t says:

The herbs trick is great- definitely trying this!

13. Erica says:

What can’t nail polish do?!! My latest thing is using nail polish to creat colored hairpins. I even did a tutorial a little while ago. Now, I’m thinking I need to jazz up my keys. I’ll never get confused as to which one opens my front door again!

14. Alyssa says:

I love the idea of freezing herbs in olive oil!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

15. alli says:

Haha, Debbie Downers…so true!