Royal Tine Antler Jewelry Holder from Spitfire Girl | White Stag Antler Necklace from Peaches and Pebbles | Folie á Deux from Rich-In-Craft | My Deer Mug from ModCloth

Hubs and I took Toby to the flea market this past weekend, and while I was meandering around, I spotted a stall with lots of antlers on display. I’ve been looking for some decorative antlers to jazz up our bookshelves, so I hurried on over, with this paint scheme already dancing through my head. When I got there, I was horrified to see that these antlers still had FUR ATTACHED. Like a scalp. I turned around so fast I almost got whiplash. Thanks, but no thanks. I’ll take these antler-inspired goodies instead, please – especially that mug!. The moral of this story is that I’m a big baby.

18 Responses to a is for antlers

1. Alison says:

That antler mug is amazing! Great find!
    xo
    Alison

2. diana says:

target sells some ceramic antlers for around $30 (?, i can’t remember, but they are located near the homeware / candles section), so there’s definitely no worries about fur! here’s a photo: http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/c3f41af60c2811e29ed51231381b333c_7.jpg

3. Erin says:

Like you, I like the idea of antlers as decoration until I realize they came from an actual living animal! I like the fake versions more, obviously, haha. I like that mug, it’s so darling.

4. Chiara says:

Oops just realised I wasn’t clear on my last comment. The antlers I am looking at are totally synthetic. That must have been a nasty shock to see that at the flea market – poor you!x

5. Chiara says:

I am loving the antler trend. There is a local shop near me that it selling antler wall art covered in floral fabric. I must get some to jazz up my walls.

6. Erin Lian says:

My toes went all tingly due to grossness with the scalp bit of the story haha! I saw some amazing felt reindeer heads in York! <3

7. Stephanie says:

Oh my goodness, that is NOT cool. Definitely a situation where faux is the way to go! What a fun purse!

8. Maddy says:

That would freak me out too. But I have been wanting something antler-ish for my home too! Especially after the awesome chandelier I saw at the lodge I stayed at in Wyoming :)

9. homestilo says:

Eewww- I would have bolted too. Love the cute little mug and still love the antler you had posted about originally so don’t give up on that!

10. Laicie says:

Eeek!! Oh my gosh… ya that kind of takes the charm out of the antler decor. =/

These are much better!

John and I found an antler stacking game (http://www.marblesthebrainstore.com/buck-stacking-game) and we can’t stop playing it! But luckily, no fur…

12. Alyssa says:

I’ve realllyyyy been dying for ceramic deer antlers for my wall. Love this!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

13. I’m loving that antler mug – great find!

14. allison says:

LOVE the necklace! It’s so cabin-rustic-y!

15. Kyla says:

I love antlers as much as the next person, but with fur still on them? No thank you!

16. Oh man! That’s gross! I would have been right there with you. I’ll take the fake stuff!

17. Milynn says:

Oh no! I would have left too! I found some antler wall decor at Target this past weekend and was thinking about getting it for my walls. They are so bare, it’s so sad. The deer mug would fit well in my mornings.