makeup-organizer

Getting teeny vials and pencils and tubes of makeup under control can be such a pain! I used to store my beauty things in a large makeup bag tucked away in a drawer, but having to take it out and rifle through small pockets every time I wanted to find a lipstick or eyeliner was maddening. I then tried mason jars, but a lot of smaller stuff would fall to the bottom, requiring me to dump out the entire contents on the bathroom counter. Fail. The light at the end of the tunnel was this desktop organizer! Now everything is neatly tucked away into its own compartment, and my favorite items are all at my beck & call!

32 Responses to clean up your makeup

1. Paige says:

What brand are the blush and bronzer in the bottom right section. I really love the packaging on them!

2. Heather says:

Oooo, great organisation idea!

3. Alison says:

I so badly need to do just that – clean up my loads of makeup! Great idea here:)

4. Rachel says:

This is such a smart idea! My bathroom counter is the most perpetually-messy part of my house and it drives me crazy!

Rachel
    How Bout Some Cake?

5. Kirsteen says:

Ooh love this idea! There’s nothing better than getting your things organised!

6. Amanda says:

What a convenient way to keep your makeup at your fingertips and stored in an organized manner! I recently felt the need to update my organization so I went to MUJI and got this: http://www.muji.us/store/storage/acrylic-cases/acrylic-case-5-drawers.html

I’m also feeling your makeup choices! I’m obsessed with those Revlon Lip Butters and Tarte blushes. Thanks for visiting my site! Great to see a fellow New Yorker swing by :)

Genius – I want to steal your idea!

8. homestilo says:

What a perfect solution.

9. Laicie says:

Oh man I desperately need something like this. I keep everything in a bag and I know exactly what you’re saying.

10. domestikate says:

This is a great idea! And your make up collection is much more impressive than mine – all those lipsticks look fab!

11. little t says:

So lovely and neat :)

12. Stephanie says:

Love The Container Store! I just took my girls there last week to get them a necklace stand and box for all their jewelry and trinkets. :)

13. Alexa says:

Such a good idea. I totally need one of these! xo

14. Great idea! I store my make-up in a drawer but it’s deep enough that I could do something similar! Thanks for the idea.

15. This is a seriously awesome idea that I just may steal!

This is so ingenious I can hardly stand it! Off to the Container Store ASAP!

17. I have organization problems now! I’ve had it for way too long. I currently do what you used to do…stick my items (with the exception of brushes) into my makeup caboodle and under the sink it went. My bathroom is lacking counter space to store stuff on top so I’m trying to find practical solutions. But, also sharing one bathroom in a small apt is a challenge. I wish I was that creative type who showed off a cool bathroom solution. haha…
    xo,
    nancy

xo,
    nancy

18. jillian m. says:

If I had less makeup, I would LOVE this idea. My stash is a little much, so I opt for a Caboodles case (bringin’ it back to the 80s!).

19. Rachel says:

I could browse thecontainerstore.com for hours everyday!

Life Unsweetened

20. Alyssa says:

This is such a great way to organize! I have a few things in mason jars on my dressers, and everything else is tossed into a few bags in my closet. Not the most organized, I admit!

-Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

21. Tang says:

OMG what a great idea!! All my make-up sits strewn all over my dresser and it’s horrible. This is so perfect!

22. katherine says:

you are so organized! i really need to get better with my makeup – i throw it all in a catch all bag

<3 katherine

23. Erin says:

You’re the second person in a week to recommend the Container Store for makeup storage like this. I think I need to listen to the universe and follow suit!
    PS, don’t you just love NARS blush?

24. Albertina says:

I have some of these from the Container store for my make-up as well!! Lifesaver!

25. Erica says:

I recently organized my makeup in a similiar organizer, but the spaces for the products are a bit too small for everything. I like the idea of the desk organizer…. brilliant!

26. Mariko says:

Wow. That is so elegant and organized! I just went with a big ‘ol tray to wrangle things & some tea cups to hold my brushes, but things always seem to overflow… :(

Gloria, you totally put me to shame. All of my makeup is all jumbled up in a ziplock bag right now. Need to get organized

28. val says:

oh wow! nice! I use a small felt bin for eye shadows and what-not, and a thrift store mug for all my brushes and wands. I keep meaning to photograph my vanity and share it on my blog, but that means I’d have to clean it! :)