brussels sprouts recipes

Brussels Sprouts Pizza from kokocooks | Brussels Sprouts Crostini from How Sweet It Is | Crispy Brussels Sprouts Chips from The Kitchn | Brussels Sprouts Breakfast Hash with Eggs from Food for My Family

My mom never made Brussels sprouts when I was growing up, and with a bit of luck and determination, I managed to avoid these little green balls for a whole 29 years. My plan was going swimmingly, until we had some friends over for dinner last year and one of them brought a shaved Brussels sprouts and kale salad that converted me on the spot! It was freaking delicious, and I’ll try to track down the recipe to spread the food love. In the meantime, these scrumptious Brussels sprouts tidbits have me drooling all over my keyboard. Need to make up for some lost time over here – nom nom nom!

19 Responses to team brussels sprouts

1. Wow, these look delicious!! I never understood the aversion to brussels sprouts because they’re so tasty! Did you ever find that recipe?!

2. Melissa says:

I’m also a new fan of brussel sprouts! I especially like them shredded and roasted with some citrus, olive oil, and walnuts!

3. honeymyheart says:

mmm, all those plates look delicious. i didn’t start eating brussel sprouts until recently, but do enjoy them :)

4. Lori says:

Hmmm… I have yet to try Brussels sprouts, though they’ve been on my list lately since I have seen some rather tasty looking recipes as of late.
    ~Lori

5. holly says:

Oh My! Every pic is so mouth watering. There is a cafe down my street that has balsamic brussel sprouts with pancetta… soooo good!

xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash
    Don’t forget to enter my AMAZING Koret Clutch Giveaway happening NOW!

6. Alison says:

Love brussel sprouts, I actually crave them! These recipes look delicious!

7. diana says:

wow, coincidence! same thing just happened to me! last weekend my brother sauteed some of these up and i converted that second. so now i’m looking up dishes that utilize these bad boys.

8. whitney says:

mmm i love brussels sprouts! these all look amazing.

9. Ah! I have TOTALLY had that Brussels sprouts and kale salad before, I think, and if memory serves me correctly it’s from a back issue of Bon Appetit. We had Brussels sprouts with pancetta as a Thanksgiving side this year (also a BA recipe), and they were fantastic, too. Hooray for sprouts! :)

10. little t says:

I think these are the one thing I really can’t stomach. I don’t have good childhood memories of them…

11. alli says:

I hated them as a kid (& always tried to hide them in my napkin), until discovering as an adult that they’re much better when paired with bacon : )

12. Hannah says:

NOM nom nom I am drooling these look incredible. Obsessed with brussels sprouts.

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

13. hehe my mom never made brussel sprouts either. It just wasn’t part of the cuisine she made. =) But, I have grown to enjoy them as an adult after first having them at a friend’s party. Inspired to make them myself now!
    xo,
    nancy

14. I actually don’t think I’ve ever tried brussels sprouts! I don’t think my mother liked them so she never made me eat them :) They look pretty delish on pizza though!

15. Alyssa says:

I’m 100% on team brussels sprouts. They’re my FAVORITE!

Gloria, that’s the same story as mine and I’m glad to be on Team Brussels Sprouts now

17. Haha.. “little green balls”.. I’ve actually always loved Brussels sprouts, even as a child — they look fantastic on the pizza!