gallery wall

Ta dah! I present to you our new gallery wall! This is a MAJOR achievement in our household because Hubs and I have a habit of collecting fabulous prints, framing them, and then…stacking them in a sad and dusty pile in the corner for an embarrassing amount of time. What’s the point of buying art work if the only one who can see it at eye level is the dog?

Continue on our home tour by visiting: my desk and our kitchen!

PS. If you’re thinking about creating your own gallery wall, I found that using paper cutouts to plan out the layout was extremely helpful. Have some toothpaste on hand as well.

32 Responses to gallery (wall) opening

1. Pingback: 額縁を雲形に並べる

2. Pingback: Workspace Envy | This Bright Adventure

3. Pingback: Great Galleries Feature (DIY Gallery Walls) | Steal Mag

4. Pingback: Great Galleries Feature (DIY Gallery Walls) | Steal Mag

5. I LOVE your wall gallery!

6. Look at Toby looking all cute :) Love your wall, Gloria!

7. homestilo says:

Gloria, it looks great. I hope you know I’m completely in love with that pup of yours- adorable!

Looks REALLY good and not crooked at all (like my own wall hangings)

9. Pingback: Desktop Designers // Gloria of Little White Whale | Lovely Indeed

10. Sarah says:

Looks great! Thanks for the toothpaste and paper cutout tips. I have a bare grey wall across from me right now begging for it’s own little gallery. Maybe this is a sign that I should finally do it!

11. jen says:

haha, my “gallery wall” is still sitting on my floor too!! unfortunately we haven’t been collecting anything and now stumped at two whole pictures! >.< doh

12. annechovie says:

Totally Love it – nicely done!

13. trishie says:

That wall looks awesome! All the prints look great together

14. little t says:

I love the bridge picture… and I really wanna start a similar project.

15. Donna says:

Beautiful gallery wall & Toby is so stinkin’ cute!!

16. Laicie says:

Love it!! And I’m bookmarking every one of those links!

17. Beautiful! And I love your desk — mine pretty much never looks that spacious or neat lol!

18. Ali Mackin says:

That is a brilliant idea! And your home is just gorge! I am buying a new desk and chair too and the desk I am buying is similar to the one you have. I am going to replace the knobs it comes with with glass knobs. If you ever want to do a guest post on the design of your home on my blog for my column “The Flat” let me know. I am going to be opening an online shop of prints in the coming months. I will give ya a hollar when it is up.

Ali of

19. alli says:

This is adorable! I love seeing glimpses of your home.

20. Valerie (Pieceful Wedding) says:

This looks amazing! These prints look so perfect with your couch and pillows!

21. Stephanie says:

Lovely! What a delightful wall. Cute pillows and doggie too!

Love, love, love this–such wonderful inspiration as I tackle our living room!

23. BeckyGean says:

looks so pretty! love the images! thank you for kicking my butt in gear to get going on my own gallery wall!

24. holly says:

Gloria, it looks amazing just like the rest of your home! I have several pieces hanging around that I want to make into a gallery wall too! One day!

xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

25. Alyssa says:

Love the way it turned out, Gloria! And can I just steal your pup? Or maybe just borrow :)

26. Milynn says:

Yay! A wonderful collection of prints! :) I’m slowly collecting a few myself to create a gallery wall. Your apartment is so cute!

27. Erica says:

Oh, YAY! It looks great Gloria! I’m wanting to do something like this in my house, but always get scared to commit to an arrangement. Paper cutouts could help. Great tip! :)

28. we are so like that too! it takes me forever to hang pics…it’s almost like i can never take it down again so i have a hard time committing or something..

You guys did a great job. This is not an easy task. I really love the look of this. It takes awhile to collect all these cool prints, too!

30. Oooh love the whole thing! Also, we’re totally the same way about framing things an leaving them in dusty piles. It is beyond ridiculous!

31. Maddy says:

Wow that’s fabulous!!! I want to do something exactly like that in our office. Loving all the pretty colors :)

32. Sally says:

Oooh this looks so fab! It’s a really nice collection of prints, Toby looks pretty proud :) Love your sofa and cushions too!