chic bike accessories

1. Sawako Furuno Leopard Bike Helmet from Cloak & Dagger | 2. Fuuvi Charly Bicycle Bell from AC Gears | 3. Q/R Steel Mesh Basket from Electra | 4. Reflective Bird Pins from Let It Ride Electric Bicycles | 5. Six Corners Handlebar Bag from PoCampo | 6. ZOONIMAL Lion Light from Adeline Adeline | 7. Public C7 Bike from Public Bikes

The fact that I haven’t hidden a bike in YEARS, along with my fear of getting squished by a speeding taxi, had made me kind of indifferent about the whole Citi Bike program that launched in NYC this summer. The subway works just fine for me, thanks! But some friends convinced me to stop being a baby and go out for a spin around the park this weekend, and it was fun! Plus I didn’t fall or run into a fire hydrant or anything, so that’s a successful outing in my book. I don’t think I’ll ever be one of the fearless bikers zooming alongside a zillion cars, but leisurely loops along totally empty side streets? I’m in!

12 Responses to let’s go riding

1. Jane Y. says:

I love this selection! I just bought a bike too with my husband for the summer. I had to have a basket! :)

2. Aww I love all of these little bike accessories — all of my bikes are so serious, they need a little sprucing up!

I once rode through a hedge of brambles and into a brick wall. John took my bike away after that!

4. I’d love to ride a bike along the river downtown looking at the great view!

5. Erin says:

I’d love a public bike share program in Philly! I haven’t been on a bike since a few summers ago when I accidentally did an 8 mile bike trip on Martha’s Vineyard on a bike a size too big (my brother SWORE the trip was only 2 miles….times 4, bro!). Needless to say the next day my body was a WRECK.

6. Holly Wells says:

My boy and I are bog bike riders because we are so close to the beach but I have to admit, it is scary to ride alongside cars!

xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

7. I want to go on this cute little bike ride with you.

8. Alyssa says:

I’ve had my eye on a Public Bike forever–I’d love to have one for riding around the city (although, I’d have to brush up on my riding skills!).

9. little t says:

I want THEM ALL – but that bike really is a beauty.

10. i would absolutely love to ride that adorable little bike {and pair it with all the cute accessories you picked out, obviously}!

Molly {Dreams in HD}

My goodness, please do buy yourself one of those helmets and be safe!

12. I feel the same way about bikes; love them but not ride them! Prefer using my feet, after all I live in a small city and everything is within walking distance. Love your roundup anyway; if I had a bike it’d look like this one for sure =D
    xoxo