diy or buy hair elastics

No Friday Grab Bag today, but here’s a DIY or Buy that will keep the hair out of your face as you live it up this weekend. Have a good one!

Crafty folks: It’s a law of the universe that no matter how many packs of hair ties you buy, they will all vanish into thin air, especially when you really need one. Learn to make your own over at Julep, and you’ll never have to hunt for wayward elastics under your dusty couch again.

Not-so-crafty folks: Fingers not feeling so nimble? Pick up a pack of already-color-coordinated hair elastics at Anthropologie and be on your merry way!

8 Responses to diy or buy: hair elastics

1. Angela says:

Love this! Both versions are beautiful. I usually end up with neither as I don’t want to buy what I can DIY and yet never find the time! I should really make my own little collection!

2. Lynn says:

oh i love the idea of a diy here Gloria, seems easy-peasy enough but with this darling trend i opted to buy and scooped up several ties these past few month. love stacking them in with my bracelet selects too, so fun!

3. Victoria says:

DIY for sure! I posted that same one on my DIY favorites :) But I do love the colors of the Anthropologie ones!

4. Okay, that is one FANTASTIC DIY. Hope you have a great weekend!

So darling!

6. Sally says:

This looks like my kind of DIY! And the glittery ones are super cute, might just have to give this a go :) so true about hair ties disappearing!

7. Jane Y. says:

they do disappear out of the blue! i never would’ve thought to make them on my own. great diy!

8. Erin says:

I adore these little ties. I haven’t bought a pack yet, because the only time I wear my hair up is to wash my face at night, and it feels a little indulgent to get so fancy then, haha.