Warning: Use of undefined constant photo_source - assumed 'photo_source' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/gchen/webapps/blog/wp-content/themes/lww_2014/loop-single.php on line 51
I was motivated to go through all my craft supplies the other day and clean the whole mess out (yes, this is what I do for fun over long weekends). I threw out a lot of random bits of material I’ve hoarded over the year, labeled containers, cleaned up smudgy rubber stamps, and lined up spray paint cans into neat little rows. All was going well until I was faced with a stringy monstrosity shoved into a zip lock bag that was supposed to be my embroidery floss stash for bracelet making:
Ack! I was tempted to ignore the colorful blob and keep that bag tightly shut, but my cleaning streak was going strong, and I decided to face this thing head on. Who knew that a few strips of cardstock would help me get this mess under control (and in a very cute way)? Here’s how I did it:
1. Cut the cardstock into rectangles. I used a business card for a pattern, so mine were about 2 inches wide and 3.5 inches long.
2. Cut out some ears in 3 easy snips, and then…
3. Use a tiny hole punch for the eyes
4. Make a small slit at the top of the body area, to thread the start of the string from. Then make one or two more slits at the bottom so you have somewhere to anchor the end of the string.
5. Use every ounce of patience in your body to unravel all the strings.
6. Thread your cats, and enjoy a much happier state of mind!