favorite iphone apps 2013

Here are a few iPhone apps I’ve been glued to lately, and here’s hoping that you’ll find them useful too!

1. The perfectionist in me can sometimes make me pick, pick, pick at certain things until what should be a simple task takes forever and a day. To combat this, I’ve been using 30/30, which allows me to create to-do lists with allotted times for each item. When the alarm goes off, I have to move onto the next thing, and working against the clock makes me dawdle less.

2. Poring over food labels at the grocery store isn’t my strong suit, so Fooducate has been an incredible tool to have on hand. All you have to do is scan the barcode of a product to see a letter grade based on how healthy the ingredients are, along with other dietary tidbits. Goodbye, weird additives and flavorings!

3. I recently found my old French notebook from high school and was disheartened to find that I couldn’t read half of it. Damn you, brain! Duolingo is easing me back into le français and makes it really fun to boot. My French teacher would be so proud!

4. The basis behind Lift is that you change your life by changing your habits, and you create habits by doing something each day. This app lets you create a list of daily goals you want to work towards, and it tracks your accomplishments as you go. If you get an unnatural amount of satisfaction from pushing giant check mark buttons like I do, then you’ll really like this one.

10 Responses to life is better with apps v2

1. Jane Y. says:

fooducate sounds really useful. so downloading.

2. LeeLee says:

Oh, great suggestions. I will check these apps out.

3. trishie says:

i haven’t downloaded new apps for ages! Will have to check these out.

4. I feel like I’m a little behind on apps – I don’t use much of them! Besides the necessities, of course: IG, Pinterest, Banking, Afterlight, VSCO – those are the only ones I use! I should look more into these and other fun ones!

5. Oh my gosh, that Duolingo one sounds awesome! Installing it now.. thanks for the head’s up :)

6. Mariko says:

Great round-up! I just downloaded Lift & 30/30. Productivity, here I come.

Lift sounds like my new favorite thing–horray for giant check marks!

8. Erin says:

Off to download Duolingo right now! I’ve been taking French classes for a year now (like you I can’t remember anything from high school French!) so this will be fun to keep up with between classes. Thanks for the tip! xo

9. Alison says:

I am obsesssed with duolingo! I am on level 7 in French, it is a great way to practice while I am on the subway!

Fooducate looks like a good one – I may need to add that one before I go grocery shopping again