Debra Folz photo album

In this day and age of Instagram and Facebook photos, there’s something quite special about holding a physical photograph in your hand! Some of my fondest memories of junior high and high school are of opening that little packet of snapshots after waiting impatiently for 1 hour developing and swapping them with all of my friends. Nowadays I still make an effort to have my favorite photos printed, but it can be SO hard to remember to do so with all our albums tucked away in closed drawer. Out of sight, out of mind!

That’s why I’m beyond excited to discover a photo album that makes itself the center of attention instead of hiding on a shelf somewhere. This Keepsake Album by artist Debra Folz was kindly gifted to me by UncommonGoods, and let’s just say it’s not yo mama’s photo album. The whimsical sculptural design of it is definitely eye catching – I haven’t filled it up yet, and my friends are already grabbing for it when they come over!

sculptural photo album

It’s about the size of a small notebook and stands up vertically, which is perfect for apartment life. The cloth bound cover gives it a polished look and feel, and each page has little semi-circle cutouts where you can easily tuck in a 4×6. All I have to do now is try to keep myself from filling it up with Tobygrams – easier said than done :-)

sculptural photo album

PS. If you’re looking for some gift ideas for Christmas or your guy, then look no further! UncommonGoods is not only a B Corporation, but they proudly donate $1 to a non-profit with every purchase, so shopping with them is always a win win situation.

16 Responses to strolling down memory lane

1. trishie says:

That’s pretty cool!

This is so cool. I miss printing photos more. I’ve gotten so lazy and Uncommon is such a great website and catalog. I love so much!

3. Alison says:

That is genius! Love it!

4. Stephanie says:

Fun idea! Love the color too!

5. LeeLee says:

What a great idea.

6. Lynn says:

how clever…reminds me of Kramers coffee table book idea ;) baha! but seriously Gloria, that’s a rad find if there ever was one.

7. Ana says:

wow this really is adorable!

8. Akshara Vivekananthan says:

photo albums are seriously the best! i enjoy looking through old photos of my childhood, of my parents when they were growing up, and rekindling those warm feelings of bliss. sadly, i’m so bad at printing out my photos since everything is digital these days. a huge reminder for me to get to work on turning those digital keepsakes to physical ones! that is one neat album.

9. Sarah Von says:

You’re totally correct. What a cute album!

10. Laicie says:

Too cool!! What a great idea, and it’s so cute. I love Uncommon Goods. :)

11. Oh, I love this, Gloria! I always try to print out my photos. We actually bought a printer so I can just do it at home instead having to send it anywhere for pick up or delivery. Right now I’m doing a lot of “scrapbooking” with Project Life which I LOVE! But this album is amazing!! It would look great on my coffee table :)

12. I also love printing out my photos and having it as a tangible keepsake. I miss those days!! Everything is digital now and it sort of freaks me out – it’s easier for me to loose my photos amongst my messy desktop, and what if it crashes? or my hard drive breaks? Then they’re gone forever! This is such a great album – I love the quirkiness of it! Have a great weekend, Gloria!

13. Alexa says:

Wow. Never seen anything like that. What an awesome design!

14. Jane Y. says:

i love uncommon goods and this item is just so neat! when you were recalling your childhood memories of getting your photos it totally reminded me of the similar excitement i felt :)