3013 gift guide personalized gifts

Ready or not, it’s that time aaaagain! I’m fully committed to getting a jump start on gift shopping this year to avoid the dreaded last minute scramble, and yes, I’m also fully aware that I say this every year. Gift guides will be coming your way each week, starting with some personalized goodies…

Sometimes your friends and family are SO incredible that an off-the-shelf kind of gift just isn’t enough. Go the extra mile with these unique personalized gift ideas for the special people in your life:

1. Remember obsessively clicking through a View-Master when you were little? Well now you can fill up a reel with your personal photos and even add 3D captions with Image3D. My inner 6 year old is beyond amazed.

2. Rifle Paper-ize your loved one with a custom illustrated portrait to top off these charming calling cards.

3. Turn a 30 second video clip of you guys goofing off togther into a flipbook via FlipClips!

4. Immortalize the fun times you’ve had by having your Instagram photos printed, matted, and framed over at Printstagram.

5. This custom cross stitch by Scarlet Pyjamas would be such a fun twist on a classic family portrait!

6. Get your creative juices flowing over at Hayden Harnett by turning your personal photo or artwork into a stylish silk scarf.

18 Responses to gift guide: custom made goodies

1. Ada says:

Eeek the holidays ARE here aren’t they. October flew by so quickly that I sometimes forget that it’s November = holidays. Cute holidays guy. At first I found the scarf too funny, then it turned into .. :that’s so cool”. Unique. Def bookmarked the site.

2. Lynn says:

geesh Gloria, i’m trying to get organized for xmas. in fact Sean & i were just at the mall yesterday but didn’t shop for a single gift. bad us! we’ve vowed that next weekend we’ll get a jump start though, thanks for continuing to inspire :)

i had a view-master as a kid, great memories there. and now i’m wanting to shop for scarves….of the portrait variety. brilliance!

3. Lori says:

There are too many fantastically wonderful things here. I need that flipbook in my life. And the cross-stitch, and the view finder thing.
    Well done, lady, well done!
    Lori

4. Pingback: Friday I'm In Love | Gamerwife

5. Cute ideas! I totally need to get on over to Printstagram and make my millions of shots part of the physical world ;)

6. I love finding personalized gifts for friends + family. You’re right – sometimes off the shelf just isn’t good enough! You know I love the rifle paper cards!

7. those calling cards are fantastic!! i love this post

8. I love those rifle cards! so adorable!

9. Lanya says:

Haha, #6 is great!

10. Oh, thank you for these really great ideas, Gloria!! I’m kind of a nerd for flipbooks (I made my boyfriend one when we first started dating!) so I love this idea! Maybe I’ll make him another for the holidays! :)

11. Oh my gosh… I need the cross stitch. So cute!

12. Rachel says:

I would love #5 to hang in my house!

13. I got a cross stitch made for my friends wedding and she loved it!

HORRAY for gift guides–love these clever presents!

15. Jane Y. says:

cute items! i love everything at rifle paper!

16. Alexa says:

Such great ideas. Love the silk scarf idea!

17. Alison says:

The view master!! I used to love those things!

18. Erin says:

I am 80% done my Christmas shopping. How is that for insane? My motivations weren’t really anything other than that I usually wait until December and then am brokity broke broke for the rest of the month. This way, I spread it out over 3 months :) Love these ideas! Especially the view-master. xo