childhood favorite foods revamped

"The Margherita" Pizza Grilled Cheese from BS' in the Kitchen | Banh Mi Hot Dogs from Damn Delicious | Chicken Fingers with Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato Dipping Sauce from Healthy Recipe Ectasy | Lobster Mac and Cheese from Everyday Occasions

There’s nothing like spending a long weekend back at home with Mom to make me feel like a kid again! No wonder I’m craving a big bowl of gooey mac and cheese now, but the stuff in the blue box doesn’t always cut it anymore when you’re an adult. Here are some grown up twists on a few of my favorite childhood meals! I shudder to think about how many hot dogs I consumed between the ages of 8 and 10, but banh mi weenies get two thumbs up from 30 year old me.

11 Responses to a taste of childhood

1. little t says:

…making me crave mac + cheese

2. Funny! For lunch I just had an apple + sage grilled cheese – a good old Martha recipe ;) Love twists on old classics, these are great! xx

3. Alison says:

You officially have my stomach growling, YUM!!

4. Stephanie says:

That lobster mac and cheese sounds amazing! I actually still like the old blue box type too. :D

5. Thanks for including my grown-up chicken fingers on your blog! That mac n cheese looks to die for!

6. OMG my mouth is watering… there might just be nothing in the world better than a really good bowl of mac n cheese. Yum!

7. alexa says:

Ooh that lobster Mac N Cheese. Sign me up! ;)

8. lena says:

What fun–and so delicious!

9. Mariko says:

Bahn mi hotdog?! Amazing. And I like to make my own chicken fingers now by dipping them in honey-mustard, then coating them in panko. No dipping required!

10. Erin says:

While my refined palate can totally appreciate a good bowl of mac and cheese, sometimes you really do just need the old orange Kraft standby! Even my future mother-in-law confessed to me that she still has a box in the closet for such cravings!

11. can i please have the lobster mac & cheese for breakfast?
    thanks!