melting disco balls art installation

Happy happy happy 2014! I hope you’re all rested up and ready to take the world by storm! The start of a new year is always a little bittersweet for me. Flipping through the pages of a unmarked calendar fills me with excitement for what the future brings, and yet there’s a bit of sadness that all the holiday fun is over. I think this awesome melting disco ball art installation by Rotganzen, a Netherlands-based artist collective, perfectly depicts my feelings of holiday withdrawal :-) I’ll reluctantly take down the Christmas tree, but don’t you dare try to make me give up my Santa socks just yet!

PS. I just couldn’t resist celebrating a fresh start with a fresh new blog design,so I hope you like the new look around here!

16 Responses to hello 2014

1. Love the new design, Gloria! Happy 2014 to you :) xx

2. Happy 2014 my dear!!!! wish you all the best!

3. I love the new design! Happy New Year Gloria! Cheers to an amazing 2014!

4. Melting disco balls might be one of the coolest ideas ever.

Also, love the new design! So fresh and so clean!

5. Sally says:

This art installation is awesome, totally love it! Loving the re-design too, it’s soooo lovely! Happy New Year Gloria!

6. Stephanie says:

Love the new site redesign! Those disco balls are cute in a melancholy kind of way…

7. Sonia says:

Happy New Year! Love the new design!

SDMxx

8. And I loooooove the new look!!

9. HA! I love it — I feel the same way! Happy new year, Gloria!!

I’ve always loved your blog design but this might be my favorite.

And this is a really cool installation. How fun!

11. lena says:

Love the melted disco balls, and the new look–perfect for a new year!

12. Mariko says:

Love the new look, and those melting disco balls are uber cool. Wouldn’t mind on in my house ;)

13. Jane Y. says:

i love this installation. i think it just about sums up how i am feeling right now! there is all this hoopla and then a feeling of deflation! :) but it’s all good. i’m excited for what’s to come. happy new year to you! and lovin the blog design!

14. your blog looks wonderful! i am completely with you on holiday withdrawal, i just can’t bare to take our tree down yet :)

Molly {Dreams in HD}

15. Erin says:

Well, first of all, you know I love the redesign! It’s fab, just like the last one! And as for those disco balls, they’re very Dali-esque don’t you think? I kind of dig them. xo

Oohh I do like the new design. Happy new year Gloria!