penguin themed gifts

1. Penguin Talk Mobile from Guggenheim Store | 2. Pete the Penguin Cocktail Shaker from Amazon | 3. Penguin Ring from Oliver Jeffers for Digby & Iona | 4. White Penguin Menagerie Bookend from Serena & Lily | 5. Penguin Cowl Scarf from Poe-Poe' | 6. Midori D-Clip Penguin Paper Clips from Amazon | 7. Fossil 'Sydney' Zip Pouch from Nordstrom

Well I had hoped the new year would start off with a bang, and it certainly did…I caught the flu! It’s been years and year since the last time I had it, so this was certainly a nasty reminder of that achy, fevery misery. Luckily I’m out of bed and back on my feet again, so onward!

The arctic freeze that seems to have settled over the planet kind of makes me wish I was a penguin – impervious to the cold and fluffy to boot! …Is that weird?

19 Responses to march of the penguins

1. domestikate says:

Glad you’re feeling better – the flu is so miserable! As for these penguins, I need those paperclips in my life, and the ring is super cute too. Great picks!

Now I want penguin everything!

3. Eeps, that cowl scarf! It’s the stuff that winter dreams are made of :)

4. Stephanie says:

Such cuteness! Love the paper clips!

5. OMG I am completely obsessed with penguins so I want each and every thing from this post! Especially the cocktail shaker! It would go perfectly with my penguin ice bucket on the bar!

6. P.S. Feel better lady!! <3

7. Psst! Penguins are one of my favorite animals! I’ve watched the documentary March of the Penguins so many times! So of course I am obsessed with this post right now – and these product picks! I want everything – esp #6 and 7!

8. Mariko says:

The 2 inches of solid ice coating ALL OF THE SIDEWALKS IN MONTREAL mean that I have to walk like a penguin not to end up on my butt, so yeah, actually being a penguin would be cool.

9. lena says:

I got sick right after my New Year’s kiss, too–at least we’re feeling better now!

10. Absolutely not weird. I wish I was fluffy too– instead I’m just squishy right now. ;)

Love the scarf! Reminds me of the Penguin books logo, which makes this word nerd all warm and fuzzy inside.

PS Glad you’re feeling better!

11. Jane Y. says:

i had a pretty bad cold and just got better yesterday! glad you’re better as well. i had a colleague who loved everything penguin. i bet she would love this collection!

12. I love me some penguins! They are too stinkin’ adorable. Wanting to be a penguin during this arctic cold weather sounds like a fabulous idea! Glad that you’re feeling better :)

13. Alison says:

I am glad that you are feeling better! I feel like a penguin, it is too cold here!

14. Alyssa says:

Stop it. Cutest post ever! I’m obsessed with penguins, so I think I need that scarf!

15. Erin says:

People at my office joke that I’m a penguin, because I only wear black and I love the cold. Not a bad comparison ;) These are all such adorable items of one of my favorite animals!! xo

16. Rachel says:

That scarf is adorable!

17. Sally says:

I cannot believe the crazy weather you’re having over there! It’s been super stormy here, but at least it’s not cold. Hope you’re feeling much better and keeping warm! These penguins things are so cute!

Awww, I’m glad you’re feeling better. Hopefully that’s all the health issues for 2014!