Warning: Use of undefined constant photo_source - assumed 'photo_source' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/gchen/webapps/blog/wp-content/themes/lww_2014/loop-single.php on line 51
I’ve always admired beautiful planters from afar, knowing that I would never need to buy one due to my awesome black thumb. Plants and I just aren’t meant to be! So when my mom brought me a basil plant a few months ago, I expected it to shrivel up and die within a few weeks like every other plant that has had the misfortune of crossing our front door. But lo and behold, a miracle has occurred right in our living room because it’s still alive!! I wouldn’t go so far as to use the word “thriving”, but it’s alive, and that’s all that matters to me :-) To reward my new leafy friend for hanging in there, I decided to upgrade its boring plastic planter to something with a little more style…
Making one of these
bear dog cat cute planters could not be easier! All you’ll need is:
- a plain ceramic bowl big enough to hold your plant
- a few pieces of gold metallic contact paper
- Cut out two dots for eyes, a jellybean nose, a “W” shaped squiggle for the muzzle, and rectangular strips for hairs from the contact paper
- Decorate the planter with your stickers
- Pop in a plant, and enjoy your new “pet”!
I was originally going to use a Sharpie marker to decorate the planter, but I really like the non-permanent factor of using contact paper. When you get tired of the design, you can peel it all off and start over with a fresh look – yipee!