diy or buy a felt ball rug

Crafty folks: Have tireless sewing fingers and the patience of saint? Then go ahead and add this adorable felted ball rug tutorial from Mélimélo (this one from Catherine and Grace is also great) to your crafting list! The method of sewing each ball together looks far too complicated to me, but it’s nothing a little super glue can’t fix, amirite?

Not-so-crafty folks: If you want all the cheerful felted ball goodness without the pain, then this pick by Happy As Larry, via Amazon is for you!

10 Responses to diy or buy: felt ball rug

1. Ada says:

Needles and I don’t play well together so … definitely BUY! ; )

2. I want to say I’d DIY this, but let’s be honest here, not sure I quite have the time for the thousand felt balls right now! that, and the girls would just end up stealing all the balls from me ;)

3. Angela says:

This one definitely looks like it would take a lot of patience and skill to DIY! Super fun though.

4. I’ve been loving these lately, but I definitely don’t have the patience to make one myself…plus wool roving is not that cheap!

5. Alison says:

Maybe DIY, and wow that looks comfy! I would do it in white :)

6. homestilo says:

My first instinct: Oh, definitely make! The realist in my: Umm, better buy it. A super cute rug all the same though.

7. Stephanie says:

Adorable! So cheerful. I would never have the patience to make something like that!

8. Jane Y. says:

i love those felt balls. i recently made a garland out of it and hung it up near piri’s bed :) this rug idea is awesome!

9. Alyssa says:

This would be so cute in a playroom or reading nook!

10. this is so so cute!
    i would definitely buy :)